Over 50s

Old Jul 9th 2006, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

tezluelle is on a distinguished road
Default Over 50s

HI, My partner and I are currently half way through compiling all the info for the TRA which will hopefully be the most difficult part of obtaining a visa!! :scared: This is all coming along slowly but nicely....however my partners Mum and Dad would also love to come and if it wasn't for his Dads age of 50 he would also be able to get a skilled visa. I have been looking and looking for ways they could come too but seem to be constantly hitting a brick wall.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? It looks like the only visa remotely suitable would be the retirement visa in 5 years. Also his Mum has ongoing health problems and I am not sure where she would stand with this problem either. Are we just flogging a dead horse??????
Old Jul 9th 2006, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Over 50s

Originally Posted by tezluelle
HI, My partner and I are currently half way through compiling all the info for the TRA which will hopefully be the most difficult part of obtaining a visa!! :scared: This is all coming along slowly but nicely....however my partners Mum and Dad would also love to come and if it wasn't for his Dads age of 50 he would also be able to get a skilled visa. I have been looking and looking for ways they could come too but seem to be constantly hitting a brick wall.

Has anyone experienced the same problem? It looks like the only visa remotely suitable would be the retirement visa in 5 years. Also his Mum has ongoing health problems and I am not sure where she would stand with this problem either. Are we just flogging a dead horse??????
Hi my husband and I are in the process of migrating to OZ I am 52 hubby 56 we are going on a parent contributory visa it was taking 6-9 month's but now seems to be 12-18 month's we had to wait for our son to be a permanent resident before we could apply and it costs in the region of £28,000 if you do a search on here there are lots of threads about this good luck regards Janet
Old Jul 9th 2006, 6:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FRAYNE
Hi my husband and I are in the process of migrating to OZ I am 52 hubby 56 we are going on a parent contributory visa it was taking 6-9 month's but now seems to be 12-18 month's we had to wait for our son to be a permanent resident before we could apply and it costs in the region of £28,000 if you do a search on here there are lots of threads about this good luck regards Janet

Thanks for that, I will do some searches. £28,000 seems like a lot of money thogh. Do you mind me asking what it consists of?
Old Jul 9th 2006, 6:57 pm
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute

Hi There,

Before I begin I'd like to ask all Agents to correct me if I am wrong.

But if your Partners Mother is younger than 45 years of age. She could possibly be the main applicant. Therefore have her skills etc... Assessed.

Because your partners father is over 50 years all that means is he will not gain any points for his age which comes up to I think only 5 points anyway.

Which you can than make up by putting down a bond.

There are many options... speak to an agent, PM if you want a good recommendation for an Agent.

Our agent is brilliant. Especially when it came to my husbands TRA no probs whatsoever.

Mate, don't worry I am sure where there is a will there is a way.

My Mother and Father got their Visas 4 years ago... and my Dad was 51 I think lol

Def over 50, but he would prob would shoot me if I said way over lol

I am sure there is someway around it. My Mother was the main applicant, and they refused to even accept my Dads skills, but they managed to get out there. And are now enjoying Sydney life

Last edited by utopia; Jul 9th 2006 at 7:02 pm.
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by utopia
Hi There,

Before I begin I'd like to ask the agent to correct me if I am wrong. But if your Partners Mother is younger than 45 years of age. She could possibly be the main applicant.
Sorry, my email wasn't clear. They are both 50
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:03 pm
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, my email wasn't clear. They are both 50

Oh ok, not too sure now!

Speak to an agent, see what someone with years of experience thinks.
My Mother and Father did it on there own and it took them yonks.... they regretted not going with an agent!
Old Jul 9th 2006, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: was Bradford then poole dorset then Sydney,Forster, Kanwal,Gosford,and now Erina
FRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond reputeFRAYNE has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, I will do some searches. £28,000 seems like a lot of money thogh. Do you mind me asking what it consists of?
Hi it means we get permanent residency and we are also entitled to Medicare so much is put in a bond for 10 years which you get back if you dont claim any benefits,if you ask your question on the immigration section there are agents who answer some of the queries I cant remember the exact figures of hand but they are on the immigration web site and I am sure someone will be able to give you the correct site to look at sorry cant be of more help
Janet
Old Jul 9th 2006, 9:41 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

It is around $30000 per person (non returnable) plus a bond of $14000 per couple over 10 years.

They would also have to pass the balance of family test and meet the health requirements.

You would need to be resident for 2 years to sponsor and have 2 years tax returns (and a minimum acceptable income) to be assurer.

G
Old Jul 12th 2006, 11:53 am
Forum Regular

dani is an unknown quantity at this point

They could try the RSMS visa process. I understand if the skill is required by a company in a regional area, the age limit is waived. Worth checking it out.
I was 45 when I was granted this type of visa.
Dani
Old Jul 12th 2006, 12:05 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dani
They could try the RSMS visa process. I understand if the skill is required by a company in a regional area, the age limit is waived. Worth checking it out.
I was 45 when I was granted this type of visa.
Dani

Age limit can also be waived for a regular ENS application, although anecdotally DIMA may be more flexible with RSMS.
Old Jul 12th 2006, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for the pointers on waiver of age limits. Had no idea this was possible! I shall investigate and try and find out just how in demand plasterers are! Thanks again