Oven cleaner

Old May 31st 2010, 6:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oven cleaner

Can anyone recommend a good product for cleaning the oven that won't have me gasping for breath?
Old May 31st 2010, 7:04 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oven cleaner

According to the husband who's job it is to clean the oven (I vomit at the smell of the cleaners and have major migraines), the only ones that work are the original Mr Muscles of this world. Anything that doesn't kill with fumes doesn't clean ovens apparently. I've bought all types for him to use but Mr Muscle wins every time.
Old May 31st 2010, 7:17 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Simpson
Can anyone recommend a good product for cleaning the oven that won't have me gasping for breath?
Pay a cleaner - that way they get to breathe in the fumes not you. I would rather pay someone to do jobs like that - OK, having arthritic wrists doesn't help me to clean, but I think I'd still pay
Old May 31st 2010, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

imho is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you not have Oven Pride there ? Its in a box with a plastic bag inside. Its excellent and costs about £4 in Uk.
Old May 31st 2010, 8:03 am
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

The stuff I buy is called Oz Cleen Oven Power its approx $8 and is the mutts - there is nothing else on the market to touch this stuff, as the saying goes 'it does exactly what it says on the tin!' It has a large zip lock type bag in it and you can fit in your filthy black oven shelves, leave overnight and you rinse under the tap and they will be gleaming silver like new again - I wont waste my money on anything else nowadays.
Old May 31st 2010, 8:07 am
Forum Regular

imho is an unknown quantity at this point

squeezzii Sounds the same as Oven pride. No fumes either.
Old May 31st 2010, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies guys!

The chiropractor suggested Bam oven cleaner?
Might try the one with the bag to clean the shelves in!

I think whatever I do, I'll get the OH to do it anyway!
Old May 31st 2010, 9:27 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

I've used the easy-off Bam. It's absolutely fantastic but toxic. Use a face mask, or damp tea towel, and those lovely pink washing-up gloves, put on the extractor fan and then shake and spray, leave for half an hour, and then wipe clean with kitchen roll. I'm allergic to anything, can't even use nail varnish anymore but I'd rather cough a bit and spend 2 mins cleaning the cooker than scrubbing for an hour with brillo pads. Having said that, when we move out of our current place, I'm definitely going to get that Oz clean oven power.
Old May 31st 2010, 10:57 am
Social Grenade Thrower

paddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond reputepaddyo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sass73
I've used the easy-off Bam. It's absolutely fantastic but toxic. Use a face mask, or damp tea towel, and those lovely pink washing-up gloves, put on the extractor fan and then shake and spray, leave for half an hour, and then wipe clean with kitchen roll. I'm allergic to anything, can't even use nail varnish anymore but I'd rather cough a bit and spend 2 mins cleaning the cooker than scrubbing for an hour with brillo pads. Having said that, when we move out of our current place, I'm definitely going to get that Oz clean oven power.
Totally agree! I used Easy Off Bam last month to clean our cooker when moving out of the rental, after the 30 minute wait the dip in the warm water and the shelves came out gleaming!! I was genuinely astounded at how easy it was and how effective!!!
Old May 31st 2010, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

ShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really niceShoreyM is just really nice

An economical way is just spray the shelves with Mr Muscle or whatever cleaner you chose. Put them in a bin bag overnight. Same theory. Make sure you don't poke a hole in the bag like I did though, doesn't work as well. Needs to be airtight.
Old May 31st 2010, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Thanks everybody!
Old Jun 6th 2010, 2:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Just to update, OH cleaned oven yesterday with the Bam stuff....very easy & effective but he says to be very careful not to get any on your skin. He now has a small chemical burn on his arm where some dripped off the top of the oven door.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:04 am
BE Enthusiast

tartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond reputetartankoala has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
According to the husband who's job it is to clean the oven (I vomit at the smell of the cleaners and have major migraines), the only ones that work are the original Mr Muscles of this world. Anything that doesn't kill with fumes doesn't clean ovens apparently. I've bought all types for him to use but Mr Muscle wins every time.
I'd agree with this 100%. Used Mr Muscle on the oven in our last rental and it came up shining like a new pin.
Old Jun 6th 2010, 3:16 am
That's Dr Bitch to you

Sass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond reputeSass73 has a reputation beyond repute

Just to update, OH cleaned oven yesterday with the Bam stuff....very easy & effective but he says to be very careful not to get any on your skin. He now has a small chemical burn on his arm where some dripped off the top of the oven door.
Hence the suggestion of the big pink washing-up gloves

I usually use the lab latex gloves which also work really well

Glad it worked well though
Old Jun 6th 2010, 4:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sass73
Hence the suggestion of the big pink washing-up gloves

I usually use the lab latex gloves which also work really well

Glad it worked well though
He had good gloves on but got him higher up the arm. He's going for full length next time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.