Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Outdoor work clothing for the hot days.

Outdoor work clothing for the hot days.

Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:09 pm
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light
Question Outdoor work clothing for the hot days.

I work outdoors, and generally wear white, are there any specific suppliers of good thin cotton garments for outdoor working, long sleeves and long trousers even? Just with the sun etc. its a pain slapping on 30+ every two hours, so I would prefer some sort of uv protective clothing, pref in white, for obvious reasons. Hopefully there will be others out there in the same boat, that know of some sort of specific supplier.......hopefully.

Cheers if you can help.
Old Oct 6th 2007, 4:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Outdoor work clothing for the hot days.

Originally Posted by CadburysFingers View Post
I work outdoors, and generally wear white, are there any specific suppliers of good thin cotton garments for outdoor working, long sleeves and long trousers even? Just with the sun etc. its a pain slapping on 30+ every two hours, so I would prefer some sort of uv protective clothing, pref in white, for obvious reasons. Hopefully there will be others out there in the same boat, that know of some sort of specific supplier.......hopefully.

Cheers if you can help.
Hard Yakka?!!
Old Oct 6th 2007, 6:40 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.kinggee.com.au/Company-Profile/default.asp
or hard yakka...............mm
Old Oct 6th 2007, 11:59 pm

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers if you can help.
Have you tried going to Work Clobber? or cricket shops for your shirts.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 12:02 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers if you can help.
Unless you are a painter, the usual clobber for outdoor employees now, is either fluro yellow, fluro orange and to a lesser extent fluro green, for WH&S reasons. They are made of a light, breathable material and are available in stores such as RSEA and The Workwear Centre etc (or equivilent in your state). They also carry a limited range in white for the painting/decorating trade. Failing that, try a sports (cricket) apparel store.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

popeye will become famous soon enoughpopeye will become famous soon enough

im a decorator, so wear white myself
bit of a hard call ready as its a pain with white wear as you limited to the paint shops really.
as for the sun when its really hot, i just stay out of it
Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:02 am
Karma earned, not whored

CadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of lightCadburysFingers is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks for those, I realise everyone is in the high vis at the moment, but it doesnt keep you cool, most of the ones I have seen are navy with the coloured top part, I deffo need white, so the sun bounces off, rather than gets absorbed by the coloured clothes. I work alone, so dont need the high vis stuff, as I am always the only person on a site.

Cheers for all the replies, anymore would be welcome.
Old Oct 7th 2007, 5:24 am
Forum Regular

rangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nicerangersman2 is just really nice

Thanks for those, I realise everyone is in the high vis at the moment, but it doesnt keep you cool, most of the ones I have seen are navy with the coloured top part, I deffo need white, so the sun bounces off, rather than gets absorbed by the coloured clothes. I work alone, so dont need the high vis stuff, as I am always the only person on a site.

just wondered what you do that you work outside and and you can weaar white. Paul
Old Oct 7th 2007, 10:50 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Snow Patrol
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:34 pm
Karma earned, not whored

Bought a Yakka flouro shirt today from the work clothes place in Balcatta, so will see how I go in that tomorrow. Cheers guys
Old Oct 8th 2007, 2:43 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Reedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond reputeReedy has a reputation beyond repute

You only really need hi-vis if you are working in an area where there are pedestrians and vehicles to improve the likelihood of you being seen!

I know that hi-vis can cause some issues with reference to insects as well as the heat!

When the M6 toll road was being built they had an issue with operatives wearing hi-vis and when they investigated they found that insects were attracted to the yellow as they were working in an area where there was loads of rapeseed. It was so bad that they completely covered the back of the waistcoats making them look black