outdoor life?

Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:35 am
petit gal

jillmorris is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool outdoor life?

Does it get dark as early as 7pm in Brisbane even in the summer? How do you manage to have such an outdoor life if it gets dark so early. Are the work hours different so you get to finish early? My sons play cricket and I hope this is how we will fit in and make friends but the game must have to start early doors to fit it in - You know how long the games go on -Yawn. But I dont mind watching on a lovely sunny day with a glass of something cool in my hand. Obviously dont get much chance to watch here in blighty.
Jill
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:38 am
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: outdoor life?

Originally posted by jillmorris
Does it get dark as early as 7pm in Brisbane even in the summer? How do you manage to have such an outdoor life if it gets dark so early. Are the work hours different so you get to finish early? My sons play cricket and I hope this is how we will fit in and make friends but the game must have to start early doors to fit it in - You know how long the games go on -Yawn. But I dont mind watching on a lovely sunny day with a glass of something cool in my hand. Obviously dont get much chance to watch here in blighty.
Jill

yes it does get dark, and earlier
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:40 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Dark by 7pm, yep, even in summer, I'm sorry to tell you. And no, most people don't finish work earlier. Most sport like cricket happens at weekends from what I've seen, hopeless trying to do it after work.
Make the most of any long summer evenings you get over there.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 11:45 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: outdoor life?

Originally posted by Timber Floor Au
yes it does get dark, and earlier
I wondered about this too. I wondered if you could be a bit flexible at work and start (say) at 7 to finish at 3-330 to make the most of the afternoon?
Old Jul 17th 2004, 2:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Depends on the job and the employer. Most jobs here are longer hours - in the UK for an 8am start like I have now, I would finish at 4, here it has to be 5. If I work part of my lunch-break I can accrue time off, but I can't choose to finish early instead.

If its important to you, check at the interview.
Old Jul 17th 2004, 3:31 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Pollyana
If its important to you, check at the interview.
Cheers. It's not that important but certainly would be nice.