Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Out of date food,Im soooooo fed up with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Out of date food,Im soooooo fed up with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

rockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud ofrockpeblar has much to be proud of
Angry Out of date food,Im soooooo fed up with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im sooooo cross!!!!! I went into my local Coles to get my son his favorite fruit drinks, healthy ones of course. Got home, hubby fed my son while I fed baby and he now informs me that all the $3.99 fruits drinks are 1 whole month out of date!!! I am really p****d off with this as our local IGA are naughty too and sell out of date things. Are there no fines here?
I worked in a Supermarket in the UK and we had to be so hot on out of date produce as there was a £20,000 fine for every item!
Anyone else cross about this. Im going to my local Coles on Monday and will see the manager and give him a peice of my mind and will report them. Does anyone know how to report these things? Oh Im really fuming about this:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:46 am
Account Closed

iamthecreaturefromuranus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Out of date food,Im soooooo fed up with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by rockpeblar
Im sooooo cross!!!!! I went into my local Coles to get my son his favorite fruit drinks, healthy ones of course. Got home, hubby fed my son while I fed baby and he now informs me that all the $3.99 fruits drinks are 1 whole month out of date!!! I am really p****d off with this as our local IGA are naughty too and sell out of date things. Are there no fines here?
I worked in a Supermarket in the UK and we had to be so hot on out of date produce as there was a £20,000 fine for every item!
Anyone else cross about this. Im going to my local Coles on Monday and will see the manager and give him a peice of my mind and will report them. Does anyone know how to report these things? Oh Im really fuming about this:curse::curse::curse::curse::curse:
Nothing unusual, happens all the time. Once pointed out to Woolies in Warrila that they were selling cartons of chocolate milk shake that was a YEAR out of date.... they didn't seem the least bit surprised or bothered.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rockpeblar

Same happened to me.

Frozen pies more than ONE YEAR beyond their best before date, Coles the culprit again. Notice as soon as I'd unpacked so went straight back and went apobloodyplectic with the store manager. Hang in for more than a straight refund and make sure you make an official written complaint (they have a complaint book you can fill in).
Old Oct 25th 2008, 11:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

spartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond reputespartacus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iamthecreaturefromuranus
Nothing unusual, happens all the time. Once pointed out to Woolies in Warrila that they were selling cartons of chocolate milk shake that was a YEAR out of date.... they didn't seem the least bit surprised or bothered.
That's about right.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:00 pm
broken but got a visa! :

katsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond reputekatsmajic has a reputation beyond repute

Theres a cheap warehouse shop here and after being there i know why its cheap - everything is either out of date or due up on date within a few days...

Not had probs from the main shops, but bought a bottle of coke in a chip shop - it tasted a bit too fizzy n not cokey enough so checked the date - was due out that day - told the lady on the counter - she came straight round and emptied all the cokes out of the fridge, date checked them and took about 6 bottles out the back. Theyre not all bad
Old Oct 25th 2008, 12:31 pm
Ber-kerk

Wheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the roughWheeler-Jones is a jewel in the rough

Not sure if it's changed, but when I worked in a supermarket (the now defunct Franklins) many years ago, it used to annoy me as I had to throw out boxes of chocolate (among other things) if they were out of date - even by one day. We couldn't just thorw them in the rubbish either - we had to cut the boxes up so that people wouldn't get them later. Apparently they could be up for big trouble if someone got it out of the rubbish and got sick from it.

That to me was a terrible waste!!! Alot of stuff out of date is okay except for your obvious stuff - but no, you should be able to sell them.

I brought cheese the other day from the deli counter area in Woolies and it was a month out of date. But I still ate it and it was fine...mmm extra mature!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:30 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Soooooo... i take it Aussie supermarkets DO have more choice in this respect, than UK supermarkets.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:31 pm
Account Closed

emelems is an unknown quantity at this point

I found it the same in England.. not on such a high level, but there were quite a few times that I bought stuff and then found it was either out of date on that day or just out of date.. Tescos were the worst.. it got the point when I didnt bother buying beef from there coz when I opened the packet it smelt putrid.. and some of it was supposedly IN date! Made me very doubtful of their H&S policy.. its all a load of bollx !

Havent found that much out of date in Australia (some near) but I suppose I am a bit of a stickler for checking the dates (even on tins.. I am obsessive! LOL!)..

I have also gotten around it by trying to buy all meat from our local butchers, all bread products from our local bakers and veg from farmers or our local veggie shop.. apart from it tasting way better, I like to do my bit of supporting the little local shops..

Em x
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

I found the meat to be terrible in London supermarkets, many times we've opened meat to find it absolutely stinking, even though it is in the use-by date. Plus very common to see dairy produce past it's sell by date.

I complained several times to both the supermarket and Westminster City Council but it didn't seem to have any effect.
Old Oct 25th 2008, 1:37 pm
I don't give a damn

Fleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond reputeFleaflyfloflum has a reputation beyond repute

Old Oct 25th 2008, 2:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

yes it is f-ing ridiculous, happens all the time, makes shopping an absolute joy .... they dont even have the deceny to mark it down!
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Don't worry about it! Being an X-serviceman I often ate ration pack food years out of date, esp chocolate which had turned from brown to white . Doesn't taste as nice but just ask for or a discount. Mind I think baby food is another matter - I would need to take a chill pill before speaking to the manager
Old Oct 25th 2008, 7:37 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
Don't worry about it! Being an X-serviceman I often ate ration pack food years out of date, esp chocolate which had turned from brown to white . Doesn't taste as nice but just ask for or a discount. Mind I think baby food is another matter - I would need to take a chill pill before speaking to the manager
...and the chocolate milk that I found that was a year out of data. You would have fancied having a go at that?
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:14 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Never shop at coles or woolies, always shop at Foodland [sa independant ] never had a problem with out of date food...shops here are allowed now to donate out of date food to welfare agencys............mm
Old Oct 25th 2008, 10:24 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mr mover
Never shop at coles or woolies, always shop at Foodland [sa independant ] never had a problem with out of date food...shops here are allowed now to donate out of date food to welfare agencys............mm
As my closest Foodland is about 600 miles away I think I might give that a miss.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.