British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   On our way soon !! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/our-way-soon-738654/)

sumobear Nov 11th 2011 6:09 pm

On our way soon !!

Whirlwind 3 months but all dropping into place this week.

457 should be granted early December

Just accepted offer on house and they want to be in by Xmas. Might be homeless for Xmas but 1 less obstacle.

Wife got job lined up too.

Just need to get employer to confirm leaving date then its off to Ballarat Mid Jan I reckon !!:thumbsup:

Alfresco Nov 11th 2011 7:52 pm

Re: On our way soon !!

Originally Posted by sumobear (Post 9727728)
Whirlwind 3 months but all dropping into place this week.

457 should be granted early December

Just accepted offer on house and they want to be in by Xmas. Might be homeless for Xmas but 1 less obstacle.

Wife got job lined up too.

Just need to get employer to confirm leaving date then its off to Ballarat Mid Jan I reckon !!:thumbsup:

Good luck and enjoy! :thumbup:

eddie007 Nov 11th 2011 11:38 pm

Congratualtions on starting the rest of your life:thumbsup:

Where are you coming to??

LINZI Nov 12th 2011 4:26 am

Good Luck :thumbup::fingerscrossed:

sumobear Nov 12th 2011 6:05 am

Originally Posted by eddie007 (Post 9728310)
Congratualtions on starting the rest of your life:thumbsup:

Where are you coming to??

Place called Ballarat an hour inland from Melbourne. Cant wait !!

Sherlock Holmes Nov 12th 2011 7:13 am

Originally Posted by sumobear (Post 9728612)
Place called Ballarat an hour inland from Melbourne. Cant wait !!

Bring your overcoats! Other than that, it's a nice part of the world. I'm about 250 ks further west. God'd own country. :thumbsup:

bris5merc Nov 13th 2011 9:40 am

good luck!! moved here october 2007, hubby and kids followed january 2008went ahead of them to sort out the house that we would live, got the beds ready and furnitures and foxtel ready the house for the kids.. so when they arrive everything is sorted for them and stress free for us all.... still here, no regrets and we loved brisbane australia, stress free job, both of us worked for the queensland government, had our PR march 2010, kids enjoy the weather and the lifestyle.. got got the best of both worlds we got goldcoast and sunshine coast to go everyweekend whenever we want to... wishing you all the best!!!!

Bermudashorts Nov 13th 2011 5:42 pm

We have just spent the weekend in ballarat. Very nice town. Enjoy.

KJCherokee Nov 14th 2011 4:06 am

Pack the winter woolies. The year I was in Ararat (just up the road from Ballarat) in June/July was the only time in Oz when I had to scrape the ice off the windscreen before I could drive to work! Mind you, that was at 5:30am - once the sun came up it warmed up to above freezing.