Reload this Page >

On our way for a Reccie!

On our way for a Reccie!

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

ukjoiner will become famous soon enough
Default On our way for a Reccie!

Hi there,

I am a Joiner currently in the process of applying and my wife is an Adult and Young Peoples counsellor.

We are heading out to the Mount Martha area from 9th December - 2nd january on holiday/reccie trip.

We are wondering if anyone would be willing to meet up (preferably in my trade) to give us any help/guidance they could offer, (obviously in exchange for a beer!)

I have a young family, so am also "on holiday". I am very genuinely not coming out to look for a job as I am happy to take my time to emigrate but I would be willing to spend a day on site just to pick up any info and just "experience" a day in the life in my trade abroad. My wife also would like to research the relationship/young peoples work and what her qualifications would mean over there too.

We are hoping to fulfill a list of things we want to research including hopefully getting our eldest child into school for a day. It feels the right thing to do rather than taking such a leap without "tasting" the life.

We are a genuine couple, hoping to make some new friends along the way too. If anyone fancies helping us out with our reccie trip in ANY way we would be eternally grateful.

Thankyou

Steven and Jenny
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

JanieBean is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: On our way for a Reccie!

HI Steven & Jenny

Unfortunately we havent been to Vic at all but you did ask for any info on Oz and one recommendation I would give is if you get the opportunity visit the Gold Coast in my opinion it has everything for everyone and an added bonus is the weather depending on if that is an important factor to you moving here, it certainly makes the life easier, more fun, and a lot more happy smiley faces.

Good luck

Jane
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:42 am
Forum Regular

ukjoiner will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by JanieBean
HI Steven & Jenny

Unfortunately we havent been to Vic at all but you did ask for any info on Oz and one recommendation I would give is if you get the opportunity visit the Gold Coast in my opinion it has everything for everyone and an added bonus is the weather depending on if that is an important factor to you moving here, it certainly makes the life easier, more fun, and a lot more happy smiley faces.

Good luck

Jane
Thanks Jane, we will do that! When you say the added bonus is the weather, what do you mean exactly? Is it hotter/drier etc?

Jenny
Old Sep 7th 2009, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

JanieBean is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jenny

Hotter/Drier yes most certainly and longer warmer days which means alot more to do I think.

We first arrived and moved to Brisbane which I enjoyed but so glad we moved to the Coast, it has a large expat gathering which I know some people initially think they may not want but believe it can be a god send we have met lots of great people.

Where we are we have water world, movie world etc so great for the kids, plus you have the bonus of Brisbane 40 mins away Coolangata/Tweed Coast/Byron Bay all between 20 to 40 mins away I could go in forever really the best thing I think is after a weeks work the feel of the Coast out and about is every weekend is like a holiday and I still feel like that after 18 months in Oz.

You can also find some very good property deals if you are thinking of buying and all within a short drive to Surfers/Broadbeach/Main Beach.

Let me know if there is anything specific you would like to know.

Speak soon

Jane
Old Oct 9th 2009, 4:36 pm
Forum Regular

jskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura aboutjskogsta has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by ukjoiner
We are heading out to the Mount Martha area from 9th December - 2nd january on holiday/reccie trip.
We're from that area and relocated there >4 years back. Though now we're overseas for a period again.. so can't help out now, but out of interest; what draws you to Mount Martha?

We've fell in love with the area and can't see us move anywhere else, and we quite enjoy the seasons and the 'rural and villagy-ness'. ;-)

/Jorgen