British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Our Visas have been granted!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/our-visas-have-been-granted-403052/)

dade Oct 19th 2006 7:30 am

Our Visas have been granted!!!!!

Am sitting in front of the computer where I just checked our e-mail 3 minutes ago to find a letter from our agent advising that hubby's skilled visa has been granted. I am still shaking from the shock and excitement. This is 2 weeks after posting our 100K bond to gain the 5 extra points. Melbourne here we come!!!! Am not going to phone hubby, I've just forwarded the e-mail to him at work as I know it will be the last thing he's expecting. He's going to get the shock of his life!!

Must go and sit down
Sani

barry f Oct 19th 2006 7:37 am

Re: Our Visas have been granted!!!!!

Originally Posted by dade
Am sitting in front of the computer where I just checked our e-mail 3 minutes ago to find a letter from our agent advising that hubby's skilled visa has been granted. I am still shaking from the shock and excitement. This is 2 weeks after posting our 100K bond to gain the 5 extra points. Melbourne here we come!!!! Am not going to phone hubby, I've just forwarded the e-mail to him at work as I know it will be the last thing he's expecting. He's going to get the shock of his life!!

Must go and sit down
Sani

Congrats

iPom Oct 19th 2006 8:01 am

Lovely news.

Well done. Enjoy your evening. :beer:

samnsam Oct 19th 2006 8:01 am

Must go and sit down
Sani

congratulations Let us know his reaction. Sam X.

curly Oct 19th 2006 8:14 am

FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Good luck for the future :beer:

Downies Oct 19th 2006 8:30 am

Congratulations!!

All the best for you and yours down under!

Paula

acbh2 Oct 19th 2006 8:45 am

Congrats! Enjoy the celebrations :beer: :beer:

caleb2003 Oct 19th 2006 8:58 am

This is 2 weeks after posting our 100K bond to gain the 5 extra points. Sani

Great news!!

We put in our meds 2 weeks ago and are awaiting the bond request.

How long did it take from sending meds to getting request for bond?

Thanks

ElshaUK Oct 19th 2006 9:05 am

Congratulations - that is fantastic news!!!!

:D

dade Oct 19th 2006 9:08 am

Well our case officer was quite tardy in that respect. We didn't hear anything back from him for over a month, no acknowledgement of having received medicals nothing, then our agent wrote to him to ask what the status of the application was and the next day we received the request for the bond. After the bond was posted our agent wrote to him to advise him that it had been posted and requested that he finalise the application ASAP. Guess some of them need a bit of a nudge.

Good luck with your application.
Sani

leechy100 Oct 19th 2006 9:35 am

Must go and sit down
Sani

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

herrchook Oct 19th 2006 9:46 am

Must go and sit down
Sani

Fantastic news Sani, have you spoken to your husband yet?

Spikey Oct 19th 2006 11:13 am

Congratulations! Ours was granted on Monday and I'm still on cloud 9! :D

We're heading to Melbourne too - flying out 5 weeks today!

dade Oct 19th 2006 2:19 pm

Yes have spoken to hubby, he phoned me as soon as he got the message I'd forwarded. He's over the moon but also freaking out about all the things that need doing, you know the sensible male thinking of the practical stuff that needs doing. There are some long term investments we need to get out of but as we're not selling our property I don't think it will be too difficult. Will probably move in April next year.

Thanks everyone for your good wishes.

Sani

Bordy Oct 19th 2006 3:42 pm

Sorry Guys, Melbournes closed. :D