Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our visa has been denied!

Our visa has been denied!

Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:47 pm
"Goodbye Circus!"

fairgoes has a spectacular aura aboutfairgoes has a spectacular aura aboutfairgoes has a spectacular aura about
Angry Our visa has been denied!

We are applying for RSMS (Regional Sponsored) visa. Employer is sponsoring hubby. After successfully passing the TRA, the employer applied for sponsorship from the Reginal Certifying Body which was passed. Then all docs were sent from us and from employer to our agent in Perth, who went through everything and then submitted the visa application to DIMIA London.

Application was received 31 March. The CO emailed agent to say that there was nobody nominated for sponsorship, (We thought that the employer had done this 2nd stage, he thought that the agent was going to do it), and that we had 28 days to submit it. So fine, we thought, a bit of a glitch, but we can get it sorted out. Then today we received a copy of a letter which DIMIA London sent to our agents in Perth, dated 12th April. This letter was from a new CO (the other one is away), and said that they were denying the visa on the grounds that there was no nomination! What happened to 28 days?!

Agent has been in touch, and DIMIA say that we have no right to appeal, and that we will have to reapply and forfeit our visa fee.

Words cannot describe how BLEAK we are. This has been a total balls up. Between the employer and the agent and DIMIA things have gone very wrong somewhere. We should practically have the visa by now, and now we have to start all over again. It seems so ridiculous that DIMIA have turned us down just because of something that could have been provided in a couple of weeks.

What are we going to do now?
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:54 pm
Banned

pompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the roughpompeywill is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Our visa has been denied!

Sorry I dont know the answer, but I do feel bad for you, the whole situation sounds a nightmare.
I really hope you get things sorted out, I'm sure everyone on here who has gone through the visa merry-go-round will too.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 9:57 pm
ah-beng

spalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond reputespalen has a reputation beyond repute

This is indeed one of those situations where you want to go find someone to kick. Im sure you'll spend the weekend considering painful and slow ways to cause this guys untimely end.

The good news is you were failed because of an admin failure. All the paperwork for TRA etc has been done and you just need to get it resubmitted by the agent and employer. You're still 75%-80% of the way to your visa just a re-go of the final step to do and you'll be in aus.

Quite how these agents get paid for this quality of work is beyond me - they are supposed to be trained immigration lawyers - they're supposed to check paperwork before it goes off to make sure its accurate , complete, relevant, and going to pass an admin inspection - otherwise what are you paying them for.

So after the weekend spent wanting to murder them , pick yourself up on monday and get back on the phone pushing them to get the resubmission done.
Old Apr 21st 2005, 10:06 pm
"Goodbye Circus!"

fairgoes has a spectacular aura aboutfairgoes has a spectacular aura aboutfairgoes has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by spalen
This is indeed one of those situations where you want to go find someone to kick. Im sure you'll spend the weekend considering painful and slow ways to cause this guys untimely end.

The good news is you were failed because of an admin failure. All the paperwork for TRA etc has been done and you just need to get it resubmitted by the agent and employer. You're still 75%-80% of the way to your visa just a re-go of the final step to do and you'll be in aus.

Quite how these agents get paid for this quality of work is beyond me - they are supposed to be trained immigration lawyers - they're supposed to check paperwork before it goes off to make sure its accurate , complete, relevant, and going to pass an admin inspection - otherwise what are you paying them for.

So after the weekend spent wanting to murder them , pick yourself up on monday and get back on the phone pushing them to get the resubmission done.
Thanks for your reply. Kicking ... screaming ... sobbing... yes, we feel like doing all of these things!

The agent feels that it is the employers fault. Employer feels it is the agents fault. We feel that the agent should have checked that one of the most important criteria was covered before submitting.

It is SO frustrating. More time, more money, more stress. I think I need another
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 5:40 am
Just Joined

hizzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by fairgoes
We are applying for RSMS (Regional Sponsored) visa. Employer is sponsoring hubby. After successfully passing the TRA, the employer applied for sponsorship from the Reginal Certifying Body which was passed. Then all docs were sent from us and from employer to our agent in Perth, who went through everything and then submitted the visa application to DIMIA London.

Application was received 31 March. The CO emailed agent to say that there was nobody nominated for sponsorship, (We thought that the employer had done this 2nd stage, he thought that the agent was going to do it), and that we had 28 days to submit it. So fine, we thought, a bit of a glitch, but we can get it sorted out. Then today we received a copy of a letter which DIMIA London sent to our agents in Perth, dated 12th April. This letter was from a new CO (the other one is away), and said that they were denying the visa on the grounds that there was no nomination! What happened to 28 days?!

Agent has been in touch, and DIMIA say that we have no right to appeal, and that we will have to reapply and forfeit our visa fee.

Words cannot describe how BLEAK we are. This has been a total balls up. Between the employer and the agent and DIMIA things have gone very wrong somewhere. We should practically have the visa by now, and now we have to start all over again. It seems so ridiculous that DIMIA have turned us down just because of something that could have been provided in a couple of weeks.

who was your agent?
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 6:02 am
"Goodbye Circus!"

Originally Posted by hizzy
who was your agent?
Would rather not say just yet, as it is a problem created by communication c*ck up between the employer and the agent. Needless to say they are having a big bun fight at the moment at to whos fault and responsibility it is for new visa application payment. Hopefully between them they will sort it and come to an agreement. At the moment we just want to go ahead and reapply....is it too early for beer?
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 6:54 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

is it too early for beer?
......never too early for a beer

I hope that it gets sorted out quickly for you.... I know I'd be devestated with that sort of cock up. Like a previous poster has said at least its an admin thing and not because of you so at least its something that can be rectified.
Gillian
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

purple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud ofpurple rain has much to be proud of

sorry to here about this ..you must be gutted/fuming/angry/frustrated ect
don't give up take it on the chin and carry on, try now to be positive, negative vibes are not good and harmful to you not anyone else....
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

oh im so sorry.......my heart really does go out to you......id love to give you the answer but im sorry i dont know......but i hope you find a way around it.....keep us posted wont you.

big hugs,tracey
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 7:43 am
Cheeky member

Ransi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond reputeRansi has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs down Re: Our visa has been denied!

I feel so bad for you..I cannot imagine being in your shoes as to how you feel

Heres some karma
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:14 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

you say you have it in writing (email from CO to agent) that you have 28 days to submit nomination. Have you asked DIMIA why they have now moved the goalposts? Is CO #2 aware what CO#1 actually communicated to you? (Doesn't sound like it). When does CO #1 return? They really should stand by what they put in writing.

Good luck
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:14 am
Account Closed

Rooksie is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your reply. Kicking ... screaming ... sobbing... yes, we feel like doing all of these things!

The agent feels that it is the employers fault. Employer feels it is the agents fault. We feel that the agent should have checked that one of the most important criteria was covered before submitting.

It is SO frustrating. More time, more money, more stress. I think I need another

i think at the end of the day the buck stops with the agent. its his job, surely??!! what a bummer. bloody hell. sending you karma for what its worth!!
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:18 am
Superfreak!!

Stormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to allStormz is a name known to all

Yeah, sounds like the Agent didn`t check the papers properly before sending them off.... the employers aren`t paid to know everything about thses visa`s... the agent is.
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:36 am
Mount Eliza

Joanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant futureJoanne has a brilliant future

So Sorry, hope you get this sorted. Agree with other posts that I would have thought that at the end of the day, its up to the Agent to check and double check all the paper work, afterall, thats what your paying them for.

Good luck and hope it can be resolved.

Jo
Old Apr 22nd 2005, 8:37 am
"Goodbye Circus!"

Originally Posted by Stormz
Yeah, sounds like the Agent didn`t check the papers properly before sending them off.... the employers aren`t paid to know everything about thses visa`s... the agent is.
Yes I agree with you. The agent says that the employer was handling the certification and nomination stages, and they were handling the visa application stages...but as far as I am concerned the visa application includes the 1st 2 stages too and they should have checked 100% that all was good before it went to London.

The 1st CO is only getting back next week, and so I will be interested to see what they have to say as to why they backtracked on the 28 days.

I think the fact that it was an easily recitifiable admin issue is even more frustrating than being turned down for a serious problem.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.