Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our three year anniversary today

Our three year anniversary today

Old Mar 5th 2006, 11:29 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our three year anniversary today

Yes, three years ago today we arrived at Perth airport to begin our new lives.

A lot has happened since then. There have been many times the Mrs has wanted to return to the UK. But I feel we've settled in well to our new lives - eventually. The Mrs is heavily involved with the school and with SCUBA diving activities. I'm still working at the UWA which is a great place to work (money's pretty crap though). I've been in the Wanneroo volunteer fire brigade about a year too which I am enjoying immensely, and we've all got our Aussie citizenship.

I reckon it has taken 3 years to feel truly at home here.

Good luck to all who are starting out on this amazing journey, it's tough, really tough. I don't think I'd like to go through it all again but if you persevere and have a good relationship with your spouse it can work out really well.
Old Mar 5th 2006, 11:32 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our three year anniversary today

<applauds>

I look forward to posting similar. Thanks for your positive outlook and happy anniversary!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:36 am

gedge has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by renth

A lot has happened since then. There have been many times the Mrs has wanted to return to the UK. But I feel we've settled in well to our new lives - eventually. The Mrs is heavily involved with the school and with SCUBA diving activities. I'm still working at the UWA which is a great place to work (money's pretty crap though). I've been in the Wanneroo volunteer fire brigade about a year too which I am enjoying immensely, and we've all got our Aussie citizenship.

Good luck to all who are starting out on this amazing journey, it's tough, really tough. I don't think I'd like to go through it all again but if you persevere and have a good relationship with your spouse it can work out really well.
Good on yer! Here's to the next 3
We're 11 months behind you, and still unsure as to how long it will last but hey it's all fun
Old Mar 6th 2006, 12:40 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post. Thanks. Are you going to celebrate tonight
Old Mar 6th 2006, 4:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Wave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond reputeWave the Sails has a reputation beyond repute

Good for you. There is no doubt that it does take time and effort. Our year anniversary (of arriving) is the 12th March. We have been lucky enough to have moved into a fabulous road where the neighbours (both Pom and Aussie) have made us soooo welcome. So, we're loving it, but there have been a few struggles along the way

Here's to the next 3 years Renth
Old Mar 6th 2006, 4:58 am
Forum Regular

Aussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really niceAussiecat is just really nice

Congratulations!!
We have been (back) in Melbourne 10 months now & i will agree that it does take some people a very long time to settle.
i'm looking forward to saying i have been home for 3 years.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Good on yer Renth..........are you taking Mrs Renth out for a slap up meal to celebrate!!!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 5:11 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sj oldfield
Good on yer Renth..........are you taking Mrs Renth out for a slap up meal to celebrate!!!
No, it's not really something my wife feels like celebrating, maybe in 3 more years.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 5:15 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

No, it's not really something my wife feels like celebrating, maybe in 3 more years.
Glad you said that. My Mrs is the same.
Old Mar 6th 2006, 5:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Exile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond reputeExile has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Renth on the first three years. Almost sounds like a bittersweet moment.

I think I first started looking at this site shortly after you arrived (I remember your older avatars). We're coming up to two years in Perth, and still struggling with the big questions. You're right, it can be pretty tough going.

Anyway, thanks for sharing lots of good advice with a lot of people (and always with honesty and extra dry humour).
Old Mar 6th 2006, 5:38 am
Wol
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond reputeWol has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and all the best for the next 3(0) years!

And yes, it *IS* a hard journey!
Old Mar 6th 2006, 6:58 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like its been some journey. Good luck for the future 3+ years