Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our stuff has cleared Customs etc in 8 days!!

Our stuff has cleared Customs etc in 8 days!!

Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our stuff has cleared Customs etc in 8 days!!

Had and email this morning to say our 20ft container had cleared Customs and it was pending quarantine. Just got a call from Kent to say it has now passed quarantine without any problems.

We are so relieved as we were worried they might just find something we hadn't scrubbed enough. I refused to put Jeyes on all our bikes etc - I can't stand the smell. I did use a little dettol on some things like metal dustbin.

Shipping Timeline
Set sail on 16 June
Arrived in Fremantle on 12th July
Cleared customs etc 20th July

So it is 1 day short of 5 weeks. Only 8 days to clear customs and quarantine.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 10:11 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our stuff has cleared Customs etc in 8 days!!

Originally Posted by Luma
Had and email this morning to say our 20ft container had cleared Customs and it was pending quarantine. Just got a call from Kent to say it has now passed quarantine without any problems.

We are so relieved as we were worried they might just find something we hadn't scrubbed enough. I refused to put Jeyes on all our bikes etc - I can't stand the smell. I did use a little dettol on some things like metal dustbin.

Shipping Timeline
Set sail on 16 June
Arrived in Fremantle on 12th July
Cleared customs etc 20th July

So it is 1 day short of 5 weeks. Only 8 days to clear customs and quarantine.
Hi Luma thankyou for sharing that with us, who did you use again and did you use there insurance?

Stacey xx
Old Jul 20th 2006, 10:38 am
BE Forum Addict

TeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud ofTeresaG has much to be proud of

Sounds like you should have your stuff soon then.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

We used Kent and GB Liners for the shipping. And Letton Percival for insurance.

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Hi Luma thankyou for sharing that with us, who did you use again and did you use there insurance?

Stacey xx
Old Jul 20th 2006, 11:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Unfortunately we have to put it in storage for 6 weeks as we only moving into our house on 1 Sept. So we have to pay for storage and now I have read my insurance documents and realised that we have to pay extra insurance or we are no longer covered. The chap from Letton Percival is phoning me tomorrow to let me know how much it will cost.

Originally Posted by TeresaG
Sounds like you should have your stuff soon then.