Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our Recent visit to Perth

Wikiposts

Our Recent visit to Perth

Old Mar 27th 2005, 11:41 am
PENNINE ELECTRICAL

Location: Was Wakefield, Now Bayside,Capalaba, Brisbane since 2004
Darren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant futureDarren&Leanne has a brilliant future
Default Re: Our Recent visit to Perth

Brisbane is not that bad for humidity.(personally). We have been here for 6 months now and were surprised at how quickly we have adjusted to the climate, and now comment at how cold it is getting when it `drops` down to 23c or so.
And also we live in the bayside area which has all the sea breezes.
I think you cant just listen to one persons advice about Australia and have to listen to a wide range, especially from people who actually live there.
Darren
Old Mar 27th 2005, 6:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond reputeDreamaway 10 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jad n rich
Got to agree with you theres some very odd advice being given on climates lately.

Victoria, NSW adelaide can be extremely BROWN, a horrible grey dusty brown at that, Ive seen drought in all of them, the brown in Perth and QLD
SA is called the desert, much of three states is just that, Perth and adelaide will get brown everywhere after the dry summers.

The place someone just described as brown is probably the greenest part of australia for much of the year! because its rain comes in the hot season, so the brown is avoided instead its very green. Thats queensland which is not TROPICAL all over, thats up north, SE QLd where most people live is only sub tropical with most of the rain falling in 2 months which is the hot muggy bit.

Brisbane and surrounds are not hot all year its only late march and last night we had doonas or duvets on the beds. The majority of the population lives along the coastline and its extremely green and lush. Go out west for brown but whos going there?, queensland also suffers less bushfires than the southern states, because we get the rain when its hot.
"Along the coastline is extremely green and lush"
That sounds ideal to me which is exactly what we are looking for.
Just need to find the right area to settle then.
Old Mar 27th 2005, 7:15 pm
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leannefr
Brisbane is not that bad for humidity.(personally). We have been here for 6 months now and were surprised at how quickly we have adjusted to the climate, and now comment at how cold it is getting when it `drops` down to 23c or so.
And also we live in the bayside area which has all the sea breezes.
I think you cant just listen to one persons advice about Australia and have to listen to a wide range, especially from people who actually live there.
Darren
I lived in brisbane for a short time and at 6am in september (spring not summer) I recall it being 29c and humid. I didn't have aircon where I was unfortuantely, and spent most the night awake, naked with just a sheet over me.

And in summer in perth (and I image brisbane or anywhere else it is hot or humid) when you walk out of your air-conditioned comfort, you will race to your airconditioned car, because otherwise you will feel like you are baking in the oven for dinner and not the lamb

You are fortuante to be near the sea breezes, not everyone is.