British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Our Rabbit Died - RIP Fluffy (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/our-rabbit-died-rip-fluffy-403031/)

renth Oct 19th 2006 3:31 am

Our Rabbit Died - RIP Fluffy

Otherwise healthy young rabbit - dead. We reckon it was a redback spider.

I really need to get out the surface sparay and hit the outdoor furniture. Next time it might be one of the kids.

northernbird Oct 19th 2006 3:38 am

Re: Our Rabbit Died - RIP Fluffy

Originally Posted by renth

I really need to get out the surface sparay and hit the outdoor furniture. Next time it might be one of the kids.

sympathy to you and the kids renth. we just had a similar bereavement, 2 of the pond fish bit the bullet. Something to do with my 4 year old tipping half a tub of fishfood in I think.

biggy Oct 19th 2006 3:50 am

awe RIP Fluffy

Fiona&malc Oct 19th 2006 3:56 am

thats a shame ! :(
def get everything sprayed outdoors just incase, we found a few families of redbacks up inside my sons little playcar (the little tikes cosy coupe ones) i never even thought to check in there until the guy came to spray the house and garden, it gives you a fright !!!!

chels Oct 19th 2006 6:24 am

Poor bunny :(

Rushman Oct 19th 2006 6:50 am

FFS it was only a poxy rabbit...get another one = problem solved.

iPom Oct 19th 2006 7:10 am

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...l33/Fluffy.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...l33/Fluffy.jpg

moneypenny20 Oct 19th 2006 7:10 am

Originally Posted by Rushman

Yes it is a only a poxy rabbit but one that was a member of their family so it can be a bit upsetting, chill.

At least you can have rabbits over there Renth, my girls keep moaning that they miss ours and why can't we fly them over :rolleyes: even if we could, we wouldn't, miss them a lot but they are better off where they are.

You can't help feeling guilty though with regard the red back but the idea of the kids being bit is not a good one :eek:

renth Oct 19th 2006 7:36 am

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Yes it is a only a poxy rabbit but one that was a member of their family so it can be a bit upsetting, chill.

At least you can have rabbits over there Renth, my girls keep moaning that they miss ours and why can't we fly them over :rolleyes: even if we could, we wouldn't, miss them a lot but they are better off where they are.

You can't help feeling guilty though with regard the red back but the idea of the kids being bit is not a good one :eek:

Thanks Penny. Can't you have rabbits in Queensland then? I bet a lot of people don't know hamsters are illegal in Oz!

renth Oct 19th 2006 7:36 am

Originally Posted by Rushman

Hey, at least it's a thread about an actual rabbit as opposed to a vibrator for a change :D

Geordie George Oct 19th 2006 7:38 am

Hey, at least it's a thread about an actual rabbit as opposed to a vibrator for a change :D

And I feel short-changed. :mad:

Santa Oct 19th 2006 7:46 am

So tell me Renth, what's for dinner tonight........ tastes like chicken ?

CasG Oct 19th 2006 7:56 am

I remember being very upset when my childhood rabbit died...my first proper pet .....it bought me my first bike for Christmas...it was at that point I stopped believing in Santa.

CasG Oct 19th 2006 8:02 am

Originally Posted by Santa
So tell me Renth, what's for dinner tonight........ tastes like chicken ?

I don't believe you...

And what's with all the ho ho ho.ing...you jolly fat bastard ?

:D

Santa Oct 19th 2006 8:06 am

Originally Posted by CasG
I remember being very upset when my childhood rabbit died...my first proper pet .....it bought me my first bike for Christmas...it was at that point I stopped believing in Santa.

I take it that was last Christmas ! :D