Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our Own Best Place Survey

View Poll Results: Where is the best place in Australia to live?
Perth
21.43%
Adelaide
2.38%
Melbourne
19.05%
Canberra
0%
Sydney
11.90%
Newcastle/ Hunter Valley
11.90%
Gold Coast
9.52%
Brisbane
14.29%
Sunshine Coast
0%
Townsville
0%
Hobart/ Tassie
0%
Cairns
0%
Darwin
0%
Alice
0%
Other
9.52%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Our Own Best Place Survey

Old Oct 4th 2005, 2:39 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our Own Best Place Survey

There seems to be loads of these best cities to live in surveys at the moment, so we may as well do our own Aussie one. I can only list 15 places so apologies if I've missed somewhere out.

I'm not sure what the voting criteria are though: housing, public transport, weather, education, career prospects, cost of living - suggest them if you've got them.

Plus, not sure we need any voting rules. Maybe you can't vote for where you live or something. This is completely unscientific but worth a go.

Paul.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:28 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our Own Best Place Survey

I had to put Other as Bendigo wasnt an option

I have lived in most parts of Australia and for me & Hubby, what we want from our life this is the best place for us. Its country enough to be relaxed. Its big enough to have a good choice of nightlife, restaurants, entertainment, shopping etc. Its close enough to Melbourne for those extra BIG shopping trips.

About the only thing it misses is a beach. But having lived by beaches most of my life, so far I am coping and am happy to spend day trips heading down to Geelong or Melbourne for a "salt fix".

I love it here and wont be looking to move from here in the foreseeable future.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 3:31 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

Hels,

I thought of you when I did this and wanted to put Bendigo but ran out of options. Good to hear it's all still going well there.

Paul.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:18 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by diddy
Plus, not sure we need any voting rules. Maybe you can't vote for where you live or something. This is completely unscientific but worth a go.

Paul.
It would be nice to think people have at least lived in the place they voted for otherwise it will be a poll on the area with the best selling techniques.

I can only do Sydney but have visited Melbourne, Gold Coast, Newcastle and District and Bendigo! Was all for Melbourne before we came to Sydney. Think Melbourne would win over Sydney on cost of living but now the income is slightly higher we are enjoying Sydney more. I get a great buzz going to work over the harbour bridge.

Cheers
Old Oct 4th 2005, 4:37 am
BE Forum Addict

cranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond reputecranni has a reputation beyond repute

There seems to be loads of these best cities to live in surveys at the moment, so we may as well do our own Aussie one. I can only list 15 places so apologies if I've missed somewhere out.

I'm not sure what the voting criteria are though: housing, public transport, weather, education, career prospects, cost of living - suggest them if you've got them.

Paul.
dont forget the beautiful Bunbury [city] Busselton , Dunsborough, Margaret river and load of others in the Beautiful south west WA
Old Oct 4th 2005, 5:28 am
The Godfather

Bordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to beholdBordy is a splendid one to behold

I'll go along with most of the official ones that has Melbourne way out in front.
Old Oct 4th 2005, 6:13 am
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point

Hels,

I thought of you when I did this and wanted to put Bendigo but ran out of options. Good to hear it's all still going well there.

Paul.

Paul,

Hows things going with you guys? Have you made any decisions as to what you are going to do from here? Is moving to Brissy an option do you think?

I did try to call Nic earlier but she must have either been on the phone or had it turned off. I didnt leave a message but will try her again when I get a chance.

Things are going alot better for us now that Paul is starting to feel at home here. I cant believe that on Friday it will be 1 year since we got here!! Paul has said the first 6 months were the worst...but its definatly getting better for him (probably something to do with the fact he now has his 4x4 )

Anyway, will catch up with you soon.

Hels
Old Oct 4th 2005, 7:47 am
Forum Regular

sam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to beholdsam&molly is a splendid one to behold

Paul.
There is no place better than Newcastle and the Hunter Valley – simply the beast spot on the planet.

Molly