Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our life in boxes

Our life in boxes

Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:40 am
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our life in boxes

Well - packers arrived yesterday at 10:00 and bloody hell do they move quick! They left just after 3:00 and had done about 3/4 of it.

I've got loads of boxes sat on the drive waiting for the container to show up (39 minutes ago ).

Just hope Mr Mover and his crew take care of the stuff when it lands in Adelaide!

And I've got to say - I love the way they've packed the ladder!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:44 am
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all
Default Re: Our life in boxes

Wow - I'm impressed. Did they say how long it would take to get to Oz?

Ali
Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mark & Ali
Wow - I'm impressed. Did they say how long it would take to get to Oz?

Ali
They reckon 6 weeks on the water - then another 2 to clear customs.

Well - not bad. Less than an hour to load up.

Here's about 1/3 of the stuff waiting for the container to arrive. Hope our fish tank (wooden crate on the left) makes it in one piece!

All packed.

Old Jun 15th 2006, 1:34 pm
We're here and it's fab

Mark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to allMark & Ali is a name known to all

Hope you have everything well labelled. Will take forever to get the kettle on at the other end!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! Brings back memories! What a good idea to take some photos - shame we didn't think of that! We always think abt photos after the event when its to late - he he!!!

Funny seeing it all packed away isn't it. Because we have moved a couple of times already, (and will be moving for a 3rd time in 2 years in Nov 06), we still have a few boxes 'untouched' so obviously dont miss the stuff in them!

Have fun
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bix da Boss
OMG! Brings back memories! What a good idea to take some photos - shame we didn't think of that! We always think abt photos after the event when its to late - he he!!!

Funny seeing it all packed away isn't it. Because we have moved a couple of times already, (and will be moving for a 3rd time in 2 years in Nov 06), we still have a few boxes 'untouched' so obviously dont miss the stuff in them!

Have fun
Tell me about it! We still had boxes in the loft from when we moved in 6 years ago! Seemed crazy unpacking them just to get them repacked!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 12:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Bix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond reputeBix da Boss has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by marco121068
Tell me about it! We still had boxes in the loft from when we moved in 6 years ago! Seemed crazy unpacking them just to get them repacked!
Seems silly doesn't it! Why pack it in the first place! We thought we had better bring all the 'memorabilia' stuff with us, but to be honest, it just does not mean the same to us anymore, we have a different life now, we have, moved on. If I had my way, I'd throw most of it in the bin! Its BIX, he's such a sentimental ol fool - he he!!! (thats why I love him so much - aahh)!

Really am not looking forward to packing all that stuff again for the second time in one year - nightmarish thought that Oh well, one thing at a time................who said that

Old Jun 16th 2006, 3:34 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: Our life in boxes

Well - packers arrived yesterday at 10:00 and bloody hell do they move quick! They left just after 3:00 and had done about 3/4 of it.

I've got loads of boxes sat on the drive waiting for the container to show up (39 minutes ago ).

Just hope Mr Mover and his crew take care of the stuff when it lands in Adelaide!

And I've got to say - I love the way they've packed the ladder!
Who's your mover at the UK end?
Old Jun 16th 2006, 8:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Who's your mover at the UK end?
Doree Bonner. One of only 2 removal companies who offered to crate up the fish tank. I'd hate to think what could happen to it wrapped in cardboard! :scared:
Old Jun 16th 2006, 10:18 am
BE Enthusiast

stacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond reputestacey and jordan has a reputation beyond repute

Thankyou for sharing your pictures with us. Can i be cheeky and ask how much it all cost.

Stacey
Old Jun 16th 2006, 11:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan
Thankyou for sharing your pictures with us. Can i be cheeky and ask how much it all cost.

Stacey
No probs. Cost was £3350 + insurance or there abouts Alton - Adelaide.

Very impressed with the guys who did the packing this end. Very efficient.
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:45 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Our life in boxes

Doree Bonner. One of only 2 removal companies who offered to crate up the fish tank. I'd hate to think what could happen to it wrapped in cardboard! :scared:
Cheers, thanks for that. Best of luck at the other end!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 5:51 pm
is happy to be here :)

Tiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond reputeTiawamutu has a reputation beyond repute

No probs. Cost was £3350 + insurance or there abouts Alton - Adelaide.

Very impressed with the guys who did the packing this end. Very efficient.
How much space did you need for all that stuff?
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tiawamutu
How much space did you need for all that stuff?
I think the quote was based on 850 cu ft - though one company I had to quote said it wouldn't fit into 1 container (and that was with all the furniture flat packed!), whereas I only dismantled the beds, desk and table (left the bookcase, TV unit, fish tank stand, chest of drawers and sideboard intact).