British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Our items have arrived and something's MISSING!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/our-items-have-arrived-somethings-missing-434500/)

Glenat Mar 14th 2007 5:23 am

Our items have arrived and something's MISSING!!!!

:mad:

Our things arrived today, and a box of my husbands things are missing. They are irreplaceable collectibles. I think he's mad as I've phoned him, but he's not back form work yet, so he wants to go through everything first and work out exactly what is missing. The description just said "Pictures".

I just wondered if anyone else had things missing and if they turned up. He's told us not to worry, and he will find out from the manager in England if he knows anything.

Can anyone please put my mind at rest, or not...

:confused:

TraceyW Mar 14th 2007 6:33 am

Re: Our items have arrived and something's MISSING!!!!

You'll find there are a fair few stories like this. Paul&Rachel had guns stolen from their consignment! We had a few cd's, no hassle really just annoying to think some pillock is going through your stuff somewhere and pilfering!:mad:

Dorothy Mar 14th 2007 9:12 am

We moved once across Canada and the packers pocketed a collection of Swarovski crystal figurines of mine. It was only months later when we looked around the new house and asked hey, where are the little crystal figures? Some of them had been given to me by my grandmother, who died when I was 12 and others were given by an old friend, who also died. The movers just said they hadn't seen them when they packed and they were not on the inventory list, so therefore they didn't exist and did not get stolen by anyone from their company.

Ozzy dog Mar 14th 2007 10:17 am

UK to Brissy hubbies generator went 'missing', once I called Oz end depot they 'found' it and dropped it round.?????????????????????????

What do you think???????????????????????/

Tracey

stacey and jordan Mar 14th 2007 10:22 am

Originally Posted by Glenat (Post 4516473)

Our things arrived today, and a box of my husbands things are missing. They are irreplaceable collectibles. I think he's mad as I've phoned him, but he's not back form work yet, so he wants to go through everything first and work out exactly what is missing. The description just said "Pictures".

I just wondered if anyone else had things missing and if they turned up. He's told us not to worry, and he will find out from the manager in England if he knows anything.

Helloooooo, sorry to hear about your stuff hope it gets sorted for you soon. Hows everything going for you. We've been on the Gold Coast now for 2 and half months and loving it. It seems like forever ago we were sat in the pub talking about the adventure in front of us. Take care and i will keep my fingers crossed for you that everything turns up.

Stacey xx

Glenat Mar 14th 2007 10:30 am

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan (Post 4517054)
Helloooooo, sorry to hear about your stuff hope it gets sorted for you soon. Hows everything going for you. We've been on the Gold Coast now for 2 and half months and loving it. It seems like forever ago we were sat in the pub talking about the adventure in front of us. Take care and i will keep my fingers crossed for you that everything turns up.

Stacey xx

Hi guys. It doesn't seem like 2 minutes ago we were in the pub... Glad you are enjoying yourselves on the Gold Coast! We are loving it here too.

It's a whole box that is missing so they can't say it wasn't there as it's on the list. I was thinking it could be one of the frames was made of wood, so customs may be holding onto it?? Doubtful but that's the only thing I can think of. The man didn't even seem concerned, which made me even more concerned!

I'll let you know how we get on.

woody1cruiser Mar 14th 2007 10:32 am

Originally Posted by stacey and jordan (Post 4517054)

Stacey xx

Our large tv went missing. They tried to tell me it was only a portable but once I got the remote, external speakers, manual etc out, they realised it wasn't.

Totally vanished off the face of the earth so put a claim in to the insurance company and went out and bought a new one. A month later, it turned up at the UK depot. They forgot to put it on the container. Took a furth 2 months to get it to us. A bit of a pain but at least we have tv's in both our main rooms now.

Glenat Mar 14th 2007 10:35 am

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser (Post 4517085)
Our large tv went missing. They tried to tell me it was only a portable but once I got the remote, external speakers, manual etc out, they realised it wasn't.

Totally vanished off the face of the earth so put a claim in to the insurance company and went out and bought a new one. A month later, it turned up at the UK depot. They forgot to put it on the container. Took a furth 2 months to get it to us. A bit of a pain but at least we have tv's in both our main rooms now.

He did say it may still be in the UK, but how can they just not put it on then forget about it for 3 months? Oh well, at least your TV turned up. I hope the same happens to our box.

TeresaG Mar 14th 2007 10:51 am

I hope it turns up without too much hassle.

thomas and sarahjayne Mar 14th 2007 11:01 am

Sorry to hear about your missing items. We did not have anything missing i think:confused: but we did have alot of things broken so now going through a huge hurdle trying to claim. Its so frustrating, i feel for you.

sj x

grahampaula Mar 14th 2007 11:19 am

Originally Posted by Glenat (Post 4516473)

Sorry to hear that some of your irreplaceable things have gone astray, I hope that they are found soon. Who did you use for shipping as we are in the process of deciding who to use?

woody1cruiser Mar 14th 2007 11:28 am

Originally Posted by grahampaula (Post 4517243)
Sorry to hear that some of your irreplaceable things have gone astray, I hope that they are found soon. Who did you use for shipping as we are in the process of deciding who to use?

Just a thought. It hasn't been quarantined by customs has it. I know of someone who they did this to. The shipper forgot it was there until they checked their paperwork

Pollyana Mar 14th 2007 11:48 am

If it is a whole box thats missing, start with the guys that delivered it. They should have counted the boxes they picked up from AQIS/Customs - and AQIS and Customs should've counted them too.

Glenat Mar 14th 2007 11:52 am

Originally Posted by woody1cruiser (Post 4517268)
Just a thought. It hasn't been quarantined by customs has it. I know of someone who they did this to. The shipper forgot it was there until they checked their paperwork

I'm not sure as one of the items did have a wooden frame and I'm not sure if it was treated. I did think this may have happened.

We used PSS. Apart from losing a box their packing was quite good. Except for some things, like CDs and records just seemed to be thrown in a box(which thankfully did not get broken).

We have not been through all the boxes properly yet though...

esperanza Mar 14th 2007 11:59 am

I'm not sure I would even know if anything was missing from our shipment - obvious things like TV or bed we would notice right away but if a few books or cds had been taken I don't think I would even know!
If I did notice, I know they were not listed individually on the inventory, so I'm not sure we would be able to prove it or claim anything back. It just seemed silly to list every single item individually, so the inventory is really vague and says things like 'kitchen equipment' or 'books'. Plus it was done by the packers, so I have literally no idea specifically what went in to each box.
Better keep my fingers crossed that we just don't have any problems with it!