British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Our house will be complete......... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/our-house-will-complete-374418/)

Lindsay Clan Jun 7th 2006 7:35 am

Re: Our house will be complete.........

Originally Posted by fraser
Thanks Lorraine, we were definitely going to try it, nice to know in advance that it works well so that when I mess it up first time round I'll know it's because of me ;)

I'll confess to you now .... we got it right on our second attempt so don't worry too much. Even though it sounds really silly use lots of the water mix they tell you to (Johnson's Baby Shampoo - no tears & bottled water) and good luck. You'll have to special order it as well so might be worth getting it ordered now as it took about a week and a half to come in.

Lorraine

iPom Jun 7th 2006 7:41 am

Nice fraser .... line 'em up and we'll be round for a game later. :D

fraser Jun 7th 2006 8:19 am

Originally Posted by neilvic
thanks for the support as i said before nice house i particluarily like the latest additon

Thanks got it on ebay for $875 saw the same table last week this side of town for $1450, I've been watching them for ages and I've got a bargain.

Italian slate and will be custom made in traditional green and mahogony.

You're welcome to try it out if over over in the wild west.

fraser Jun 7th 2006 8:20 am

Originally Posted by Lindsay Clan
I'll confess to you now .... we got it right on our second attempt so don't worry too much. Even though it sounds really silly use lots of the water mix they tell you to (Johnson's Baby Shampoo - no tears & bottled water) and good luck. You'll have to special order it as well so might be worth getting it ordered now as it took about a week and a half to come in.

Lorraine

rcladin Jun 9th 2006 1:26 pm

House is looking good fraser, where does the pool table go? in the rumpus room, hopefully the move will go smoothly for you all, sorry i've missed all the threads on this one, where are you in west melbourne?

take care

fraser Jun 9th 2006 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by rcladin
House is looking good fraser, where does the pool table go? in the rumpus room, hopefully the move will go smoothly for you all, sorry i've missed all the threads on this one, where are you in west melbourne?

take care

We're in Point Cook and yes it will go in the rumpus, when I've laid all the laminate flooring :rolleyes:

wengerboy Jun 9th 2006 10:49 pm

Thanks got it on ebay for $875 saw the same table last week this side of town for $1450, I've been watching them for ages and I've got a bargain.

Italian slate and will be custom made in traditional green and mahogony.

You're welcome to try it out if over over in the wild west.

has it been shipped yet? ;)

fraser Jun 9th 2006 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by wengerboy
has it been shipped yet? ;)

No not yet it was a bargain I had to bid on it, I went down there and an 8 foot one which is what I was really after sells for $300 more so I asked them could I upgrade for $300 they said $400 which pissed me off so I kept the seven footer.

They're making it to order in classic mahogany and green felt

wengerboy Jun 9th 2006 11:07 pm

No not yet it was a bargain I had to bid on it, I went down there and an 8 foot one which is what I was really after sells for $300 more so I asked them could I upgrade for $300 they said $400 which pissed me off so I kept the seven footer.

They're making it to order in classic mahogany and green felt

don`t quote me but i`m sure most pool table suppliers here use PSS affiliated firms :p :D

fraser Jun 9th 2006 11:14 pm

don`t quote me but i`m sure most pool table suppliers here use PSS affiliated firms :p :D

:scared: :scared: No they do it themselves and set it up:p

Just seen an 8 foot one on their and nobody has bid on it and an hour to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

wengerboy Jun 9th 2006 11:19 pm

:scared: :scared: No they do it themselves and set it up:p

Just seen an 8 foot one on their and nobody has bid on it and an hour to go.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

mate i`d love one but alas they have`nt even started building the f#$%^r
yet :(

fraser Jun 9th 2006 11:32 pm

mate i`d love one but alas they have`nt even started building the f#$%^r
yet :(

I want to play snooker on it and the 7 footer's a bit small, but it just made sense as money is tight and also if we moved we'd be relying on getting another huge rumpus.

I've got to go round there and start digging the phone trench it's foggy out and the grounds like rock I may have to hire a kango.

wengerboy Jun 9th 2006 11:36 pm

I want to play snooker on it and the 7 footer's a bit small, but it just made sense as money is tight and also if we moved we'd be relying on getting another huge rumpus.

I've got to go round there and start digging the phone trench it's foggy out and the grounds like rock I may have to hire a kango.

shame you could`nt whack it in the leccy trench.
are you doing the stormwater?

fraser Jun 9th 2006 11:52 pm

shame you could`nt whack it in the leccy trench.
are you doing the stormwater?

No it's all done just the trench for the phone line which probably will be in the electric trench with me electrically welded to it :eek: