Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our First Xmas in Oz

Our First Xmas in Oz

Old Dec 28th 2007, 9:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant futureBishop3912 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Our First Xmas in Oz

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
Who mentioned spending Xmas with family meant "living out of each others pockets"? Slight distortion there to suit methinks.
Hi everyone, we have also just tackled our first xmas in Tassie, it was shite!! saw family on the webcam which just made us cry, kids included. Have no plans for new year, hoping to catch the fireworks in Hobart from the balcony (we are in Lindisfarne facing over the water to Hobart) so should get a reasonable view. Have been here 2 months now and am really home sick, christmas just made it 10 times worse for me and OH. Love Tassie, its a beautiful place, have been keeping busy to take my mind of the holiday period, went out on boxing day to an aussie familys boxing day celebrations and yard cricket game, it was a great day but each time we kept looking at the family together and thinking we should be with our families!! Hey ho, lots to decisions to be made me thinks.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 12:45 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Why,
There was no need at all to get so nasty. A lot of people struggle with Christmas. A lot of us don't like 38 degrees. A lot of us don't have pools. And a lot of us prefer to think of others rather than just doing what WE want. But regardless of all those details, your posts were out and out nasty. You could tell the tone of the thread right at the start, so why did youn continue reading it? And if you wished to point out that some people enjoy Christmas here more than others then you could have done it in a much nicer way - maybe an encouraging way to give people something to look forward to instead of making them feel "got at"

I'm glad you had a good Christmas, but I suggest that you avoid this thread in future; people who are already feeling down need support not ridicule.
oh dear!!! sounds like there are some really SAD people here indeed....
you are making me out to be really mean and selfish which i think is a very hurtful thing to do...i didn't "attack" anyone in person so i think you might think about what you have to say........

my message (based on having 16 chrsitmas's in australia) is.........
make the most of it and enjoy it for what it is....

my crapest chrsitmas was spent in intensive care as a nurse watching an 18 month old die on a ventilator!!!!
my chrsitmas's always involve "doing" lots of stuff for the people around me weather it's family, friends or the clients i work with

Just appreciate what you have and don't go around insulting people as individuals...
i stand by saying "moaning and groaning"...
and yes you have made me feel angry by insulting me....
and an optractomy is a joke.......
zero sense of humour...zero tolerance
Old Dec 29th 2007, 12:59 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
oh how miserable are you spending xmas on a sad chat line
i'm off swimming
good luck with your misery

hope you get that optractomy operation to sever the nerve connecting your arse to your eyes

thus removing your shitty out look on life
Originally Posted by why
you are making me out to be really mean and selfish which i think is a very hurtful thing to do...i didn't "attack" anyone in person so i think you might think about what you have to say........The above was a personal attack on Flea

my crapest chrsitmas was spent in intensive care as a nurse watching an 18 month old die on a ventilator!!!!
my chrsitmas's always involve "doing" lots of stuff for the people around me weather it's family, friends or the clients i work with....Hmm, slightly different tune from "do what I want, sod 'em all".

Just appreciate what you have and don't go around insulting people as individuals...
There you go again, attacking people you know nothing about.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:01 am
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by St.Georges Girl
There you go again, attacking people you know nothing about.
you need help...your horrible
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:04 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Calm down people, let's all roast some nuts by a fire and have a singsong.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:13 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vim Fuego
Calm down people, let's all roast some nuts by a fire and have a singsong.
Oh I really believe in Karma now

We had a real brilliant time with all the guests helping out.

Now where is another cold beer on this frightfully hot day. Todays objectives:

- Sleep in till 10am
- Brunch
- Beer + Cricket
- Late afternoon tea
- Stroll down the beach (400 metres)
- Hour swim
- Pop off to the chippie on the way home

Sleep - Bliss
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:16 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Oh I really believe in Karma now

We had a real brilliant time with all the guests helping out.

Now where is another cold beer on this frightfully hot day. Todays objectives:

- Sleep in till 10am
- Brunch
- Beer + Cricket
- Late afternoon tea
- Stroll down the beach (400 metres)
- Hour swim
- Pop off to the chippie on the way home

Sleep - Bliss
Fine form, I intend to watch the inevitable demolition of the Indian batting line-up and then cruise the rest of the day (as much as you can with a kid and wife ...) until RocKwiz comes on
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

curly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond reputecurly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
you are making me out to be really mean and selfish which i think is a very hurtful thing to do...i didn't "attack" anyone in person so i think you might think about what you have to say........

my chrsitmas's always involve "doing" lots of stuff for the people around me weather it's family, friends or the clients i work with

May I suggest, if you're on this forum to stir up trouble and not make cyber friends....carry on as you were otherwise do us all a favour and go elsewhere. Talk about rubbing peoples's noses in it Where's your compassion?
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:25 am
'In limboland'

St.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond reputeSt.Georges Girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:26 am
why
BE Forum Addict

here's a bit of christmas cheer...it's my aunties and miserable sister guess which one

http://www.elfyourself.com/?id=1713140695
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:30 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by The Reid Family
and it was rubbish rubbish rubbish!!!!!! Both myself and my hubby were miserable as sin as we missed everyone at home so so much, the kids had a great time opening their presents but wanted to know when we could go to the beach!! Of course the weather was that bloody miserable that we hung off and hung off hoping it would clear but it didn't however they were quite happy playing with their new toys.

I spent most of the day tidying up and reading my new book and hubby spent most of the day watching tv and messing around on the computer.

Certainly not the xmas we both imagined and not the same as how we spent it at home but such is life! They say that the first xmas is the hardest and by god are they right!! Lets hope next year is a hell of a lot better!!!

Right that is me finished ranting and raving hope you all had a lovely xmas
Christmas in Perth was hot, hot, hot....i would love to move to Brisbane though. I do prefer a colder Xmas.
Our first Xmas here was quite good. Not because of the beach, weather or anything to do with Perth, but because we had a laugh with new friends and partied all day.
This year has been abit rubbish, weather too hot, missed my daughter who went back to UK in Oct, kids were wanting to see their cousins, grandparents back in UK, so it was a lonely affair. Most of our friends we met here have gone back to UK too, so felt weird.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:36 am
why
BE Forum Addict

i am not mean....but really
why live life in such a miserable way.....i have been here a long time and have had to be compassionate with many new arrivals.....but they are their own worst enemy's sometimes
how do you expect to feel being so far away from your family and what you have always known.....yes the first few years can be crap....but the answer is

a) go home (which i did)

b) become resilliant by finding what makes you and those around you happy and get on with it

most of my friends who are english love it here and we have a great life....one girl i met stayed here for 36 hours then went back to UK

if it's not "right" for you...go BACK rather than having a stiff upper lip and "grinning and bearing it"

we don't have long to live our lives....
make others happy not sad....i never intend to "hurt" anyone sorry if i did and by some language here i really have... but get REAL and RESILLIANT

i'm off to spend some time with my mummy who's here until feb and my daring husband BYE
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:48 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by why
That's such a cruel thing to say to some-one you know nothing about

I'm not enjoying my time in Perth as much as i would like to, i miss my family and friends more than i thought i would, my kids struggle here too...but we carry on and try. But none of this means i'm 'horrible' just because my experience here doesn't please you!!!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why

if it's not "right" for you...go BACK rather than having a stiff upper lip and "grinning and bearing it"
Not always so easy. We go back - I'll be happy, but husband will be miserable cos then HE'LL be away from his family
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Not always so easy. We go back - I'll be happy, but husband will be miserable cos then HE'LL be away from his family
Exactly, some of us are in a ' no win' situation.

But to say some one is 'horrible' who you know nothing about is so wrong!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.