Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our First Xmas in Oz

Our First Xmas in Oz

Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:24 am
Banned

bstardo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Our First Xmas in Oz

I do agree with your posts WHY, maybe brutally and honest but some need that sometimes.

Do be compassionate that some cant find there way out of the paper bag they are stuck in, and react by the local surroundings.

For me, this forum is brilliant, the information and feelings some show are amazing, its strikes a cord with many I think and no-one is alone so the forum offers an exhaust point.

I must admit the original post, come on, how spoilt is that.

Originally Posted by why
i am not mean....but really
why live life in such a miserable way.....i have been here a long time and have had to be compassionate with many new arrivals.....but they are their own worst enemy's sometimes
how do you expect to feel being so far away from your family and what you have always known.....yes the first few years can be crap....but the answer is

a) go home (which i did)

b) become resilliant by finding what makes you and those around you happy and get on with it

most of my friends who are english love it here and we have a great life....one girl i met stayed here for 36 hours then went back to UK

if it's not "right" for you...go BACK rather than having a stiff upper lip and "grinning and bearing it"

we don't have long to live our lives....
make others happy not sad....i never intend to "hurt" anyone sorry if i did and by some language here i really have... but get REAL and RESILLIANT

i'm off to spend some time with my mummy who's here until feb and my daring husband BYE
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

kezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud ofkezzabird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by why
stop talking about me....i have told you i am not talking to you so give me a break now or i might cry!!!!!
So why are you talking to me then?

Oh P.S merry christmas!
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:35 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bstardo
I must admit the original post, come on, how spoilt is that.
oh look, it's the troll tag team - why (oh why oh why) and bstardo (such an amusing play on words).

how nice, why now has a playmate. run along now kiddies won't you, before you upset the genuine posters on here.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:37 am
Banned

Walk around Pendlebury Childrens hospital then you will know why I say that.

Fight negativity with PMA and you will win.

Its easier to say than do , but once you become best friends with PMA, you overcome looking for negative discussion points.

Last edited by bstardo; Dec 29th 2007 at 10:45 am.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:42 am
BE Forum Addict

rabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond reputerabsody has a reputation beyond repute

Walk around Pendlebury Childrens hospital then you will know why I say that.

Fight negativity with PMA and you will win.

Its easier to day than do , but once you become best friends with PMA, you overcome looking for negative discussion points.
I agree with you on a positive mental attitude is the way to go. But part of being human is that we experience the full spectrum of emotions, the highs and the lows.

Do you suggest that the OP or any others here simply suppress feelings of homesickness, pining for their families and pretend it's not happening? They are not moaning about Australia, they are simply missing their families. Everyone have their down days - we are all human. Feeling the lows as well as the highs is simply part of that.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 10:46 am
Banned

indeed you are correct.
Old Dec 29th 2007, 1:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

indeed you are correct.
The original poster has already felt she had to apologise for posting her honest feelings. That is what this forum is here for - we are supposed to be a support group, helping people through the lows of emigrating as well as the highs. I am closing it before any more hurtful comments get made.