Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our first house visit?

Our first house visit?

Old Apr 4th 2005, 10:47 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our first house visit?

The board is going up today and our house isn't in the local paper until Friday but I think we had our "visit" yesterday. We went to watch my BIL play football in his cup final yesterday and when we got back (via the pub of course) there was a woman standing on our front lawn peering through the window. Now the photo of our house is in the estate agents window so either she saw it there and thought she would pop around unannounced or she was casing the joint prior to breaking in. She disappeared pretty sharpish so we never got time to ask her.

With my optimistic head on it shows there will be interest in the house at the price asked and we should be about 2 weeks away from medicals requests.

But maybe she was a prospective burglar, my wife's medical has already been assessed as category B and that colud mean extra delays and costs and she was going to drive up to her mum's in Bridlington today but got 200 yards before she noticed the engine warning light on. She is at the garage now finding out what the problem is.

Well I can't say we weren't warned this would be a bumy ride

So if anyone wants to send karma please find a post by thpinkpussycat (Midlands meet perhaps) and send her some and hopefully her car will be okay at least.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 10:57 am
Sydneysider & loving it!!

molloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the roughmolloymj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Our first house visit?

Originally Posted by worzel
The board is going up today and our house isn't in the local paper until Friday but I think we had our "visit" yesterday. We went to watch my BIL play football in his cup final yesterday and when we got back (via the pub of course) there was a woman standing on our front lawn peering through the window. Now the photo of our house is in the estate agents window so either she saw it there and thought she would pop around unannounced or she was casing the joint prior to breaking in. She disappeared pretty sharpish so we never got time to ask her.

With my optimistic head on it shows there will be interest in the house at the price asked and we should be about 2 weeks away from medicals requests.

But maybe she was a prospective burglar, my wife's medical has already been assessed as category B and that colud mean extra delays and costs and she was going to drive up to her mum's in Bridlington today but got 200 yards before she noticed the engine warning light on. She is at the garage now finding out what the problem is.

So if anyone wants to send karma please find a post by thpinkpussycat (Midlands meet perhaps) and send her some and hopefully her car will be okay at least.
Good luck Worzel...we are in the same boat as you!

Karma on it's way!

Mike.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hi iain,good to hear theres some interst in your house already lets hope its a good sign of things to come

hoope sam sson sorts out the car,and dont worry to much about being a catergory b, you can still get in with that,see you alll next weekend
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:17 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scissors
Hi iain,good to hear theres some interst in your house already lets hope its a good sign of things to come

hoope sam sson sorts out the car,and dont worry to much about being a catergory b, you can still get in with that,see you alll next weekend
Hi Tracey

I am not sure if it is good news or bad but Sam just told me (as best a woman can describe anything under the bonnet ) the problem is part of the engine protection set up which means if the engine gets a bit "spooked" it will limit the car's speed to 20mph (which isn't good if you are in the outside lane of the M1). It will cost £110 and they hope to have the part by this afternoon so she should be able to travel by tomorrow morning.
Old Apr 4th 2005, 11:48 am
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
just back from the car doctors, they hope to have new part by 3pm so hopefully i still might make it to mums tonight

Thanks for all the karma

Sam
Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

scissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond reputescissors has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tracey

I am not sure if it is good news or bad but Sam just told me (as best a woman can describe anything under the bonnet ) the problem is part of the engine protection set up which means if the engine gets a bit "spooked" it will limit the car's speed to 20mph (which isn't good if you are in the outside lane of the M1). It will cost £110 and they hope to have the part by this afternoon so she should be able to travel by tomorrow morning.
cheeky bugger snails pace then,lol,
Old Apr 4th 2005, 12:47 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Our first house visit?

Originally Posted by scissors
cheeky bugger snails pace then,lol,
hopefully we don't have to go through selling the house on the market my boss has started his own property letting business and has already offered to buy our house next year
Old Apr 4th 2005, 3:31 pm
Here at last

Location: Now here in sunny Sandy Beach, near Coffs Harbour, N.S.W.)
TheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really niceTheRossers is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sir Les Patterson
hopefully we don't have to go through selling the house on the market my boss has started his own property letting business and has already offered to buy our house next year
Good on yer, hope he buy's it. Does he want to buy mine, as nobody else seems to want to. 1 veiwer in 5 weeks

Maybe £140,000 is too much for a big 3 bed semi with conservatory and a huge garden in sunny Chorley!!!