British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Our first home in Oz........ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/our-first-home-oz-325937/)

logan Sep 15th 2005 3:06 am

Our first home in Oz........

2 Attachment(s)
Well I've waited till it's official to broadcast, but today was 'settlement' day for our new house!! :D :D We're both beaming from ear to ear, and dead chuffed. We collect the keys later. Mr L's first property, and our first together, and our first in Oz!

Tomorrow's our 6th month anniversary since we arrived, and we're having a great time. Mr L enjoys his job, I enjoy my new change of direction!

I turned 30 :eek: and managed to cope with the trauma of it all, inspite of Mr L being my wee toyboy! ;) It helped soften the blow, when he proposed that night!

So for anyone looking for a little happiness in Oz....it is feasable!! ;)

Ps. this is our new entertainment area and pool, with ickle water fall, and (my favourite bit!), a spa-jet seat!

woodyinoz Sep 15th 2005 3:09 am

Re: Our first home in Oz........

Originally Posted by logan
Well I've waited till it's official to broadcast, but today was 'settlement' day for our new house!! :D :D We're both beaming from ear to ear, and dead chuffed. We collect the keys later. Mr L's first property, and our first together, and our first in Oz!

Tomorrow's our 6th month anniversary since we arrived, and we're having a great time. Mr L enjoys his job, I enjoy my new change of direction!

I turned 30 :eek: and managed to cope with the trauma of it all, inspite of Mr L being my wee toyboy! ;) It helped soften the blow, when he proposed that night!

Ps. this is our new entertainment area and pool, with ickle water fall, and (my favourite bit!), a spa-jet seat!

Wow that pool looks awesome (guess your not in Melbourne hey!) :D

Congrats to you guys I am glad to hear that things are going so well for you.

Wanderlust Sep 15th 2005 3:42 am

Hiya!

That's one good looking back garden!!! Well done - glad to hear you're so happy. :D

W. :D

Hels Sep 15th 2005 4:02 am

Logan,

Girl that looks gorgeous!! Congrats to the both of you and I am sure you will both be really happy there for many years to come!!!

:D

Hels

Bella Donna Sep 15th 2005 4:22 am

Congratulations, Logan. I do hope that you are very happy there - it certainly looks fantastic.

Sue

Bordy Sep 15th 2005 5:24 am

Congrats guys, now could you ever have seen yourselves in something like that a year ago during our 10 month long Winters in Bonnie Scotland. :D

Pants Sep 15th 2005 6:45 am

Congrats to you on your new pad.....may it always be filled with love, laughter and some good vino..!!! It looks lovely.!! :)

wholeworldwindow Sep 15th 2005 6:54 am

You guys are so lucky! True congrats to you hon! Can we visit? J & D want one now thy've seen yours! Pool, house, life...that is! I hope all your dreams have come true...to one of the most genuine people I know ....big love to ya girl xxxxx Colette xxxx

bridiej Sep 15th 2005 6:57 am

Oooh, looks gorgeous, congrats to you both :D

logan Sep 15th 2005 7:25 am

Thanks Woodyinoz...you're right we're in sunny Brisvegas! Not a central heating radiator in sight!! :)

Cheers Wanderlust, I've not accomplished as much as you in the last 6 months..but I'm working on it!! :D

Thanks Hels...it doesn't seem that long ago since you posted photos of your new abode and I was wishing it was me!! How is it by the way? Settled right in? Any new photos going?

Bella donna, thanks for your wishes and your 21 days will fly by! My 3 are very curious as to what's going on right now....lots of boxes, things in dissaray...the last time that happened they went flying! Boy will they be relieved!

Damn right there Bordy!! Oh how our wee Scottish pals are getting ready to hibernate for another 10 months or so!

Pants, won't take long for the vino to flow, don't you worry. Vino and Mr Kipling's mini-battenberg....that's all a home needs to keep it happy!

WWW, what can I say doll, shucks :o Of course you can come....I've already invited you!!! BTW did ya get my pm?

Cheers Bridiej....gotta ask...what's a hornbag????!!

Three Legs Sep 15th 2005 7:27 am

Bless this house ...

Congratulations to you both.

Three Legs

moneypenny20 Sep 15th 2005 7:31 am

Looks fab Logan. Hopefully meet you soon (ish)

wargod Sep 15th 2005 7:32 am

Cheers Bridiej....gotta ask...what's a hornbag????!!

Before i answer the above - back garden!!

As for a hornbag - during my skool days (circa 1980 something) we used to use the term horn bag and horn bucket as a compliment to attractive ladies, the term was only used between male friends though.

i.e cor look at her - she's a right hornbag !!

hilary6 Sep 15th 2005 8:15 am

What a great start to your new life :D
Hope you'll both be happy (how could you not be, the place looks fab!)
Hilary

pako Sep 15th 2005 8:45 am

Hi logan, wow geat news congrats, your new home looks lovely! :)