Our first goodbye this evening

Our first goodbye this evening

Old Sep 19th 2003, 8:17 pm
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Our first goodbye this evening

Just feeling very down,

Our lovely lurcher, Buddy, went off this evening to his new home, it was very difficult saying goodbye, he came to each of us in turn, then got into the back of their car, with his two new pals, both lurchers, they are really lovely people and I know they will give Buddy a really good home but its hard as we will not be seeing him again, unlike the rellies who intend coming over the minute we have found somewhere to live!!!!

A sad Suz
Old Sep 19th 2003, 8:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

april is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our first goodbye this evening

Originally posted by suz
Just feeling very down,

Our lovely lurcher, Buddy, went off this evening to his new home, it was very difficult saying goodbye, he came to each of us in turn, then got into the back of their car, with his two new pals, both lurchers, they are really lovely people and I know they will give Buddy a really good home but its hard as we will not be seeing him again, unlike the rellies who intend coming over the minute we have found somewhere to live!!!!

A sad Suz
I am sorry that is hard but you have a great adventure waiting............. except for the rellies!!!!!!!!
Old Sep 19th 2003, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Bobbi is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, I really feel for you - although we are not thinking about starting the whole process for a good few years yet, one of the things that came up in discussions is which, if any, of our pets we would take.

My heart goes out to you, but feel happy that you have given Buddy to a lovely new home, where he will have friends to play with.

Now let your new adventure begin...

All the best

Bobbi
Old Sep 19th 2003, 9:01 pm
suz
Forum Regular

Thanks folks, I'm looking forward to the adventure, maybe I should just down the whole bottle of vino, that should do the trick tonight.

Sozzled Suz
Old Sep 19th 2003, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by suz
Thanks folks, I'm looking forward to the adventure, maybe I should just down the whole bottle of vino, that should do the trick tonight.

Sozzled Suz
Good to hear you found him a good home - it must be really hard on animals to go through the whole flight and quarantine thing. Hope you can relax now.
Old Sep 19th 2003, 9:17 pm
suz
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Larissa
Good to hear you found him a good home - it must be really hard on animals to go through the whole flight and quarantine thing. Hope you can relax now.
It is when you are one crazy lurcher who mutilates himself whilst in kennels!!!!! not a good idea, but very relieved that these people turned up as they already have two crazy dogs, no kids, he will be spoilt rotten, thank god.

Suz
Old Sep 19th 2003, 9:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

Hope you are not feeling too upset, it sounds like he has gone to a good home.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 8:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

karen and andy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya Suz,

We had our dogs rehomed earlier this year, we had them for 9 years.
It does get easier.

Cheers

Karen
Old Sep 21st 2003, 7:37 am
suz
Forum Regular

Originally posted by karen and andy
Hi ya Suz,

We had our dogs rehomed earlier this year, we had them for 9 years.
It does get easier.

Cheers

Karen
Hi Karen, Thanks, it does feel a bit strange, as we are taking one, he is a Springer x and being only 17 months old and of a fairly easy going nature we think he will be ok with the quarantine/flight thing I have been watching on here at various threads and most seem fine with it all.

Just feels odd with just the one, they were such good pals.
Suz