Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our first earth quake - Rotorua NZ!!

Our first earth quake - Rotorua NZ!!

Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our first earth quake - Rotorua NZ!!

What a day, felt a little rumbling this afternoon while shopping and heard what I thought was thunder !! Then when we got home... our first proper earth quake. The whole house "wobbled". Our water boiler "groaned" and me and the kids had a quick panic !! Completely forgot all the rules, hide under a table, stand in a door way etc.
Whole thing lasted about a minute. Had to go next door to our kiwi neighbours for a cuppa !! Severest one they had felt in 5 years they said. Rob had just nipped out in the car so missed it.

Gill
Old Jul 18th 2004, 7:26 am
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our first earth quake - Rotorua NZ!!

Originally posted by Gill and Rob
What a day, felt a little rumbling this afternoon while shopping and heard what I thought was thunder !! Then when we got home... our first proper earth quake. The whole house "wobbled". Our water boiler "groaned" and me and the kids had a quick panic !! Completely forgot all the rules, hide under a table, stand in a door way etc.
Whole thing lasted about a minute. Had to go next door to our kiwi neighbours for a cuppa !! Severest one they had felt in 5 years they said. Rob had just nipped out in the car so missed it.

Gill
Sounds a bit scary:scared: Not surprised you forgot the rules either, I'm sure I would. I watched a program on NZ the other day about how the whole place is sat on a very dodgy piece of earth, quake-wise
Old Jul 18th 2004, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Akaubear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Our first earth quake - Rotorua NZ!!

Hello!

We even felt them over here in Papamoa!!!

Nicola
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

At least we don't have the floods.

Gill
Old Jul 19th 2004, 9:35 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

We spend so much time on here bickering sometimes that I think we forget about the important stuff like weather disasters, don't we. It looks from the TV as if the Bay of Plenty area was hit pretty hard - they were talking tonight about earthquakes hitting 5.4 in that area, as well as the floods.
Hopefully all our cyber-friends are OK? Anyone know who lives up in that area?
Old Jul 19th 2004, 7:42 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Pollyana
We spend so much time on here bickering sometimes that I think we forget about the important stuff like weather disasters, don't we. It looks from the TV as if the Bay of Plenty area was hit pretty hard - they were talking tonight about earthquakes hitting 5.4 in that area, as well as the floods.
Hopefully all our cyber-friends are OK? Anyone know who lives up in that area?
Daisy