Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our Dream is....... Dieing

Our Dream is....... Dieing

Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:22 pm
Forum Regular

lee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nicelee28 is just really nice
Default Our Dream is....... Dieing

7 years ago........When I was single, I was sick working 70 hours a week installing services into peoples homes, working till 9pm at night from 7am in the morning, but I was single so I didnt care cause noone to go home too.

I decided I wanted a change, I didnt like the way my life was planned out in front of me. I wanted to explore, so I applied for a years working holiday visa to Australia, I chose this because I had met my auntie when she came here on holiday and she said to come across and see what the other side of the coin is like, she left Scotland in the 70's and never looked back.

I went across to Australia and I lived more in they 6 months than I had lived in my entire life in the Uk,I fell in love with the place instantly, the people, the lifestyle, the standard of living, everything. I am a glasgow Rangers supporter born and bred, I would rather go to a Perth Glory game than watch my beloved team at home, its full of hate for catholics. but I was standing in The Shed in Perth Glory's ground watching Manchester United Fans cuddling Arsenal Supporter's and they were drunk as well. feel the love.
I could go into Perth city centre and could relax without having to watch my back all the time, for the usual arse.

But anyway, I decided this is where I would like to spend the rest of my life, working hard to retire with a 5 bedroom house with 3 bathrooms and 1 acre, which I would be lucky to afford in the Uk in my entire life unless I win the lottery.

So I came home and went back to my reall crap job with an arse boss just because I was 2 years short of work experiance, but hey wo cares after that I will be qualified to apply for family migration to Australia and have my dream.

When I was at work, I met the most amazing woman I have ever met and fell in love with her instantly and left my number on her receipt hoping she would contact me, which she did and 1 year later were getting married, I told her of my dream to move to Australia and she wanted it too, I took her across to Oz just to make sure she wanted the same thing, and she did.

We returned from our 4 week holiday to Oz and I was now over my 6 years and We could apply for Residency and our family in Oz were over the moon we were coming, they were the nicest people I have ever met and cant wait for us to get there and be apart of there lifes.

We started the process,hired an agent and they said we would be accepted and then I started to get my stuff together for the TRA and we sent it away to the agent and were all excited, we didnt worry about the cost because it was for our new rich and fullfilling future.

We sent our documents away on the 20th of August to the agent only to have them returned to us a month later because of the closure of pathway D, There is no 2 year course in the Uk that I can do that will even come close to 900 hours and there isnt one in Australia either, in fact, there isnt one in the Entire World for my Occupation.

We have spent years on the idea of moving Down under to Australia, worked in my crap job, working between 50 and 70 hours a week on average for the sole reason of meeting the Australian standards for moving there.

Me and my OH are gutted beyond beleif that we were so close but yet we are so far away now. I broke into tears telling My auntie who was looking forward to having us there and the rest of the family.

Our Dream of life in Australia is dieing......
Old Sep 26th 2007, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our Dream is....... Dieing

It's still early days regarding the TRA decision to close pathway D, so don't lose hope just yet.

You might also be interested in this post: http://britishexpats.com/forum/showp...&postcount=141