Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our daughter in print

Our daughter in print

Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:06 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our daughter in print

Just thought I would tell the world that our daughter won a competiton in school for writing a poem and her poem has been chosen along with others to be printed in a book called 'playground poets'. Anyway we are dead proud of our little girl, she was 9 when she wrote this poem, she is 10 now and she did all on her own in class and i think its pretty deep for a 9 year old. If you are interested here it is:

Golden sand left with no prints
Golden sun left with no streaks
Red towel left with no soul
Red coral left with no fish
Blue sky left with no clouds
Blue sea left with no waves.

Not bad eh?

Nev. the chuffed dad
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

lawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud oflawlaw has much to be proud of
Default Re: Our daughter in print

Originally Posted by redlion
Just thought I would tell the world that our daughter won a competiton in school for writing a poem and her poem has been chosen along with others to be printed in a book called 'playground poets'. Anyway we are dead proud of our little girl, she was 9 when she wrote this poem, she is 10 now and she did all on her own in class and i think its pretty deep for a 9 year old. If you are interested here it is:

Not bad eh?

Nev. the chuffed dad
very profound for a 9 year old. I like it, how sweet
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:29 pm
redlion

redlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond reputeredlion has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lawlaw
very profound for a 9 year old. I like it, how sweet
Thank you
Old Jul 18th 2005, 8:55 pm
Keeping an eye out !

Wickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to allWickedsid is a name known to all

Not bad eh?

Nev. the chuffed dad
Congratulations to your daughter, Our daughter too !!!
She won't let me put it on here, but we are thrilled to bits, said she wasn't going to tell us as we would make a fuss!!
Will be ordering the book asap
Carole
Old Jul 18th 2005, 11:38 pm
vivi

vivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nicevivi is just really nice

Not bad eh?

Nev. the chuffed dad
Congrats, and our 11yr old daughter also! She doesn't know but I am going to submit her poem on line here too.

My cat is coloured the most magnificent browns, blacks and whites
A darkened rainbow, a mouthwatering chocolate bar,
His purr is like a soft earthquake, rumbling gently.
My cat has claws sharpened like knives
Reserved for his enemies like posh tableware for friends.
His eyes gleam like precious jewels, glowing in dim light.
My cat is a hunter, strong and handsome,
Pouncing effortlessly, soaring in the air,
Like a golden eagle, swooping on its prey.
King of the countryside,
let other people give their cat a basket,
My cat and I get a bed.
Sleep my kitten,
I will guard you,
King of the beasts.

Move over JR Rowling
One proud Mum
ViVi
Old Jul 19th 2005, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

tracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond reputetracey.d has a reputation beyond repute

Seems like there's quite a few parents of pretty talented kids on here

You deserve to be proud.

Tracey