Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Our article in WOMAN Magazine!!!!!

Wikiposts

Our article in WOMAN Magazine!!!!!

Old Dec 2nd 2003, 7:37 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by chloet
Hi larrisa,
Loved the photos but everyone else must have better eyesight than me cos I cant read the print...Chloe:scared:
In the menu under one of the buttons in the top left corner there should be a choice for in/out zoom.
Don't know the exact names cos I'm working on a Dutch computer
(I couldn't read it either otherwise)

Jacqui, agree about the bungalow and village! But I think a homestead is something different, I'll look it up.
Homestead: Residance of a station (ranch or farm) owner or manager.
Then, that's what I thought. It's more the family house on a station/farm.
Ranch isn't used in Oz either by the way. The other day in an interview with Russel Crowe on the BBC the interviewer (Jonathon??) called his property a ranch, but Russel corrected him and said it was a farm. But even if it was bigger it would be a station.
Has anybody heard ranch being used in Oz? Just the US right?
Old Dec 2nd 2003, 8:15 pm
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

American Spanish rancho, small farm, from Spanish, hut, group of people who eat together, from Old Spanish rancharse, to be billeted.
Old Feb 4th 2004, 1:59 pm
Merlot

Default Re: Our article in WOMAN Magazine!!!!!

Originally posted by janeyray
WOMAN Magazine comes out today in the UK and it has an article about our life here in Perth!!!! Haven't even seen it myself and I keep getting text messages from all my friends saying they have seen us!!!!!:scared: :scared: :scared:
Jane Raynor you gorgeous creature - the Woman has finally landed in Oz!!! Bought it this week and there you are!

Nice to see you! Hope your trip back hoem planning is going well?

And I that house will sell - promise!
Merlot

Last edited by Merlot; Feb 4th 2004 at 2:15 pm.

Old Feb 4th 2004, 2:15 pm
Forum Regular

evorobin is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice article although they make it sound like such a major trauma!?

Staying in the UK would be far more harrowing surely?:scared:
Old Feb 7th 2004, 1:55 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Merlot
Jane Raynor you gorgeous creature - the Woman has finally landed in Oz!!! Bought it this week and there you are!

Nice to see you! Hope your trip back hoem planning is going well?

And I that house will sell - promise!

Merlot

I have seen snipetts of it but not seen it in the flesh (the magazine I mean!) Wonder if I can get it in Perth?

Plans at a standstill till we've sold the house!! Another home open this weekend!!
Old Feb 7th 2004, 9:52 am
Merlot

Originally posted by janeyray
I have seen snipetts of it but not seen it in the flesh (the magazine I mean!) Wonder if I can get it in Perth?

Plans at a standstill till we've sold the house!! Another home open this weekend!!
Good luck with the open home.

If you want to PM me with your address, I would be happy to send the magazine of you can't get it.

Best wishes
Merlot