Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Ouch!!! The price of Guiness

Ouch!!! The price of Guiness

Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

chrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of lightchrissystevo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Ouch!!! The price of Guiness

$8.70 for a pint of Guiness in Gilhooleys, Brisbane. Anybody beat that?
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:56 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ouch!!! The price of Guiness

Originally Posted by chrissystevo
I actually like the atmosphere of Mick O'Malleys in the mall ... no idea how much a pint is though ... I really should find out ...
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:13 am
Banned

Weebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of lightWeebie is a glorious beacon of light

Thats Cheap IMO
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:19 am
BE Enthusiast

jimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to alljimbo_d is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Weebie
Thats Cheap IMO

$7.50 in Durty Nellys in Perth right now
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:30 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute

$6.50 in O'Shannon's here in Gympie I'll be drinking a few tonight as we play Poker there
Old Apr 29th 2010, 5:17 am
Account Closed

mindblower is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cresta57
$6.50 in O'Shannon's here in Gympie I'll be drinking a few tonight as we play Poker there

Ouch any pint of alcohol in australia

18 bucks in the garden in w leederville
Old Apr 29th 2010, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

upyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to allupyerfud is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mindblower
Ouch any pint of alcohol in australia

18 bucks in the garden in w leederville
Your paying for the view there though. Jees, its everywhere on Sunday afternoon. Don't know where to look.
But thats a strange pub, no spirits for sale.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chrissystevo
Go round the corner to Union Jacks 1/2 that price Thur, Fri, Sat nights for 2 hours from 1/2 5
Old Apr 29th 2010, 10:36 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbyftm
Go round the corner to Union Jacks 1/2 that price Thur, Fri, Sat nights for 2 hours from 1/2 5
And loads of free bar snacks,if you can get to them before Bobby does
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:01 am
Banned

Keith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond reputeKeith Moon has a reputation beyond repute

Gunlessssssss £2.35 in my local down the end of my road.

Bit far from Brissy though?

Got to admit, beering it here in the UK is so cheap when you are used to Oz prices.

John Smiths £1.70, Tuborg £2.00, its just too cheap to stay in, you have to go out to save money, every pint you buy you are saving money?

Keith

P.s. Union Jacks is cheap, but i was in there four weeks ago, took me half an hour to get served, then told to leave at 7pm due to a dress code. Told the guy i was not wearing a dress, no sense of humour, had to leave.

Last edited by Keith Moon; Apr 29th 2010 at 11:04 am.
Old Apr 29th 2010, 11:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
Bet there's nowt cheap in Melly
Old Apr 29th 2010, 12:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Malloys, Mackay, Queensland;- Guiness...$5 a PINT!
HKA
x
Old Apr 29th 2010, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bernie Barfly
öoo never touch bar snacks, dontcha know a lot of men dont wash their hands after using the toilet then dip their fingers into those free bar snack bowls...
Old Apr 29th 2010, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

DibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really niceDibDob is just really nice

Originally Posted by Keith Moon
Gunlessssssss £2.35 in my local down the end of my road.

Bit far from Brissy though?

Got to admit, beering it here in the UK is so cheap when you are used to Oz prices.

John Smiths £1.70, Tuborg £2.00, its just too cheap to stay in, you have to go out to save money, every pint you buy you are saving money?

Keith

P.s. Union Jacks is cheap, but i was in there four weeks ago, took me half an hour to get served, then told to leave at 7pm due to a dress code. Told the guy i was not wearing a dress, no sense of humour, had to leave.
This really shows how diffrent the uk is dosent it, it is so expensive here that i cannot afford to go out! £380 for a pint of stella £340 Carling £360 Guiness etc would love those prices mr moon!
Old Apr 29th 2010, 4:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

What's Guiness (sic)... or did you mean Guinness?

Spoiler:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.