Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Other options than skype and msn!

Other options than skype and msn!

Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:31 pm
skye

Default Other options than skype and msn!

I have tried to show my 73 year old mum - but obviously she doesnt get it! - are there any other options that she can 'see me' in Oz by phone..... whilst she is 'upset' we are thinking about it (and will do it!) she totally understands and is 100% behind us... she just needs a link to see us from the other side!

Any suggestions?

Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of
Default Re: Other options than skype and msn!

Originally Posted by skye
I have tried to show my 73 year old mum - but obviously she doesnt get it! - are there any other options that she can 'see me' in Oz by phone..... whilst she is 'upset' we are thinking about it (and will do it!) she totally understands and is 100% behind us... she just needs a link to see us from the other side!

Any suggestions?
Hi
We use yahoo messenger, our webcam has a built in microphone, and we speak free to parents for ages, and they can see us and vice versa. If my dad can log on and buzz us I think anyone can. He has trouble with the remote for the TV!! Im sure if you could set it up for her and just show her what button to click on she will be fine.
Sharon
Old Mar 4th 2007, 12:56 pm
skye

Thanks Sharon - I have tried to show her whilst still in the UK - but obviously memory loss kicks in and she forgets! - think we shall resort to the videocamera and send her a dvd to watch at intervals throughout 'our journey' - thats if she can work the DVD player - Nightmare!!!!!!!

Old Mar 4th 2007, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

pioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud ofpioneer has much to be proud of

Good luck with it all
Sharon x