Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OT - Our wedding!

OT - Our wedding!

Old Feb 5th 2004, 10:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT - Our wedding!

Ok, for those of you who missed the Event of The Year ( ) here are a few of the details. Mrs Dagboy has already posted some of the photos she took in her capacity as Official Photographer, and pretty stunning they are too! Dagboy also took loads, and they are excellent as well, so many thanks to both of you! Expats was also represented by Tinaj and her family, and Badger.
Anyway, back to the highlights:
The hen night consisted of my best mate and I visiting a couple of pubs down The Valley, where we met some lovely people, including Florence Fettucine, Marion Divorce, and Iona Toyboy; they were all wearing nice skimpy outfits and offered to be my bridesmaids, but I thought they were a bit on the butch side.....!!!
On the day itself, the weather was perfect - for the last couple of weeks we have been getting storms at 4pm, but on Saturday we had nothing but blue skies, and a nice sea breeze to keep the place cool. We married in a park in Woody Point, just north of Brisbane, so we had the sea, and trees and rocks as a backdrop, and it was just really picturesque. Couldn't have wished for better.
The celebrant is a Texan, so we had an amazing mix of accents; and I was really rotten to Tinaj and Dagboy - handed them an Order of Service each and asked them to do a reading! (Hope neither of you minded too much - you both did really well!). The service itself was only about half an hour, put together by me from a collection of poems and readings, and we wrote our own vows, which gave it a really personal touch.
Pic is of the two of us, my Best Mate, who gave me away, and The Bloke's brother, who was Best Man
Attached Thumbnails OT - Our wedding!-expats-2.jpg  
Old Feb 5th 2004, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

booboo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

You look very lovely...congrats to you both

booboo
Old Feb 5th 2004, 11:02 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Damn Polly those pics you've been posting have been really good. Whoever took them should consider a career in photography I think
Old Feb 5th 2004, 11:11 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

ahhhh!
Thank you!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 11:29 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Part 2.......

It all went off so well, it still seems unbelievable; nice romantic music, nice soppy kisses - which were nicely captured on camera!
I tottered around in my posh sandals, but didn't fall over, and the Bloke kept his smart gear on until the reception, when he reverted to shorts and a t-shirt! I refused to throw the bouquet, cos I wanted to keep it, and cos the oldest unattached/eligible "lady" was Tinaj's little girl!
The reception went well too - my new rellies seemed rather baffled by the influx of Poms, and there was quite an obvious split, with the Expats at one table and the rellies at the other, but they did mix a bit! Dagboy totally charmed my MIL, she thinks he's wonderful! The kids had a good time in the pool, in fact Tinaj's kids seemed to be in seventh heaven! Loads of food, typically Aussie, with steak and salad, and I got my two wishes - real fruit wedding cake, and lots of sparkling wine!
The Bloke and I had a fantastic time, and I think everyone else enjoyed it - various mutterings have reached me, but I am ignoring them as it was OUR day after all!!!
I was quite glad it was a small "do" as it gave us a chance to speak to everyone, and it meant we really were remarkably relaxed.
Attached Thumbnails OT - Our wedding!-expats.jpg  

Last edited by Pollyana; Feb 7th 2004 at 4:06 am.
Old Feb 5th 2004, 11:34 am
Home and Happy

Honeymoon isn't till next month - gives us a chance to recover, and to get the visa application in! However we have spent the last few days racing around the countryside with my best mate, giving him an intro to Queensland!
Not sure Queensland was ready for him though......
Attached Thumbnails OT - Our wedding!-wedding-050.jpg  
Old Feb 5th 2004, 12:51 pm
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I was wondering about a honeymoon, got plans yet?

lol at The Bloke with sneakers and shorts on! Brilliant!!
and lol at your mate of course!
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

nosuchluck is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OT - Our wedding!

Congratulations Pollyana
We are so pleased that everything went well and that your day was as special as you are
Best wishes for you and the Bloke
here's to a happy, healthy life together
hugs
rach & family
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:09 pm
WBB

with all the excitement on the other thread today i seem to of missed this one, congratulations again polly and thanks for sharing these pics and words with us.

Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

floweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to beholdfloweroscotland is a splendid one to behold

congratulations polly, you both look lovely and so happy, best wishes for your future together

Lisa
Old Feb 5th 2004, 6:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

natty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to allnatty is a name known to all
Default Re: OT - Our wedding!

many congrats
You both looked so happy in the pictures
I have been married nearly three years now and i will never forget my wedding day as it was so special- the only thing is that the day goes so quickly !!!
Hope you have a fantastic honeymoon
natty