Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OT - BundyMum and Wear It Pink

OT - BundyMum and Wear It Pink

Old Oct 8th 2004, 10:28 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT - BundyMum and Wear It Pink

For those in the UK, 29th October is Wear It Pink day in support of the Breast Cancer Campagin.

http://www.wearitpink.co.uk/home.aspx

The idea is that you donate £2 to the BCC and wear something pink on that day.

For my mum, and for all those currently battling with or recovering from breast cancer, and for those who may be unlucky enough to get it in the future, please support this day.

As some of you know, my mum isn't doing so well at the moment and I'm off to Jersey tomorrow for a few days to see her and help my dad. So I'll be disappearing for a few days.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 10:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT - BundyMum and Wear It Pink

Originally Posted by bundy
For those in the UK, 29th October is Wear It Pink day in support of the Breast Cancer Campagin.

For my mum, and for all those currently battling with or recovering from breast cancer, and for those who may be unlucky enough to get it in the future, please support this day.

As some of you know, my mum isn't doing so well at the moment and I'm off to Jersey tomorrow for a few days to see her and help my dad. So I'll be disappearing for a few days.

Always support it Bundy. Presumably they have similar scheme in Aus.

Hope the weekend goes well. Karma and best wishes to your parents and sincerely hope you can get your mum eating something.

Take care.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 10:38 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypen20
Always support it Bundy. Presumably they have similar scheme in Aus.

Hope the weekend goes well. Karma and best wishes to your parents and sincerely hope you can get your mum eating something.

Take care.
Thanks for that - yes, they have something similar in Oz. It's on 25th October, so not long to go. Details at http://www.cancervic.org.au/pinkribbonday/index.htm
Old Oct 8th 2004, 10:45 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that - yes, they have something similar in Oz. It's on 25th October, so not long to go. Details at http://www.cancervic.org.au/pinkribbonday/index.htm
Will bookmark for later. Have to spread karma around before giving to you. Am in such a shit mood, can't find anyone to give it to, so you will have to wait
Old Oct 8th 2004, 10:46 am
Carramar Perth

Springo is on a distinguished road

Hi Bundy

Best wishes for your weekend, Our little village where our shop is has been looking very Pink since the 1st October, Lots of support being given for a very needy cause.

Sending cyber hugs for Bundymum and you.

Julia
Old Oct 8th 2004, 12:09 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Lots of pink round here Bundy; all the best for the Guernsey visit and give your mum and yourself big hugs from us
Love
Polly and The Bloke
xx

Derrrr! Thats what happens when listening to some Aussie wittering on about Dads Army while trying to type posts!!! At least I got the right group of islands!

Last edited by Pollyana; Oct 8th 2004 at 2:32 pm. Reason: To add the last para!!
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:02 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Lots of pink round here Bundy; all the best for the Guernsey visit and give your mum and yourself big hugs from us
Love
Polly and The Bloke
xx
Thanks Pol.....not much good me visiting Guernsey though since the parents are in Jersey!
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:05 pm
Down Under and Lovin It

Jacko1 will become famous soon enough

OK what do you suggest I wear that is pink, will find something.

Good luck hope all goes well and that your mum is improving

Paul J

some karma on its way
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:08 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Jacko1

Paul J

some karma on its way

LOL! Thanks Paul. There's a list of suggestions on the website but I'm not sure if it covers blokes.......a pink tie, maybe?!

I'm not a pink kind of a person by any stretch of the imagination but I do have a fetching hot pink shirt. That should do the trick!
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:08 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by Jacko1

Paul J

some karma on its way

OK, take your pick....

http://www.wearitpink.co.uk/suggestions.aspx

Cat suit?
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:11 pm
no longer searching

walaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond reputewalaj has a reputation beyond repute

Also don't forget when sorting out your stuff or what not to take to Oz, to take the quality stuff down to Cancer Research or other charity shops.

As always the Bundy family are in my thoughts, and a big kama hug to be passed onto Bundys mum (well I would if I could but I need to spread it around )

Last edited by walaj; Oct 8th 2004 at 1:21 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 1:17 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally Posted by walaj
Also don't forget when sorting out you stuff or what not to take to Oz, to take the quality stuff down to Cancer Research or charity shops.

As always the Bundy family are in my thoughts, and a big kama hug to be passed onto Bundys mum (well I would if I could but I need to spread it around )
LOL! My mum is now visciously loyal to the Jersey Hospice shop and makes members of the family and visiting friends buy something there on principle.
Old Oct 8th 2004, 3:41 pm
Loving it in Bundy

teach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of lightteach is a glorious beacon of light

Love and hugs to your mum, Bundy. I always by some of the merchandise that is on offer to support this very good cause. Will also donate some money this year after my little scare earlier this year. Cyber hugs to both you and your mum. Take care
Sarah
Old Oct 8th 2004, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Bundy have a good week end with your family.

We always support the BC coffee mornings - even when we lived in Singapore we had a coffee morning/fashion show in the High commisioners house. And many of the British High coms around the world do something to support Breast cancer.
I'll be wearing pink in the form of a op gown- I'm booked into sugery to have a suspicous looking birth mark / mole removed that morning. Fingers crossed its not turned nasty.