Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

OT: American theme

OT: American theme

Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:01 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default OT: American theme

Hi

sorry for straying off topic but I need a little help.

My work is having an American theme at the moment and I have been tasked with decorating 4 desks in an American theme. The rest of the office has a head start on me so the following themes are gone:

Old west salloon
hollywood / the oscars
harley davidson
cowboys and indians

I would like to create something really imaginative, and I have a budget of £20 and a timescale of half a day to get this done

any ideas guys?

Mel
Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

what about crashing a plane into it?

cheers

richard
Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

What about:

Stars and stripes/cheerleaders
American Football
NASA Space
Fast Food theme ( gather loads of McDonalds stuff, hotdogs etc)
50's diner theme

I am getting a bit carried away here, I love doing this sort of thing!!

Good luck
Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:31 pm
ACE
BE Forum Addict

ACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond reputeACE has a reputation beyond repute

What about
Guys & Dolls-Gangsters & Molls, prohibition, speakeasy type of theme. All the best ones have gone.
ACE
Old Aug 13th 2003, 4:54 pm
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT: American theme

Originally posted by mika24me
Hi

sorry for straying off topic but I need a little help.

My work is having an American theme at the moment and I have been tasked with decorating 4 desks in an American theme. The rest of the office has a head start on me so the following themes are gone:

Old west salloon
hollywood / the oscars
harley davidson
cowboys and indians

I would like to create something really imaginative, and I have a budget of £20 and a timescale of half a day to get this done

any ideas guys?

Mel
Just watch a couple episodes of the Sopranos? - Table have guns and wreaths and guys in full tux kissing each other! Girls go big hair!!!!!
NYPD Blues? ..........guns and wreaths? but cop uniforms,,
Sesame Street? Big Bird etc, ....you must get the picture, table with dust cans and gruber
Fight everyone else for their best dressed tables - Jerry Springer?
Go Cult US and Star Trek ......the world is your universe!
Sex and the City.........have sex with who you meet on the table in labelled clothes?
Go Mexican.....most Americans know this one...ponhcos (speeling!) and all do a clint eastwood spagetti western
Prohibition........label table no drink! and watch fellow contributers cry till they move to the speakeasy table
Presidents table...black dress with white stains....etc?
Mid West Drought....lots of sand on table?

Sorry this brought out the sad in me.....goodness my son has these type of answers from me when he needs help with serious projects for school....poor bleeder

Cheers sandra
Old Aug 13th 2003, 7:42 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Leave the table empty, with a sign saying 'Weapons of mass destruction that we found in Iraq'.

Leave the second table empty, with a sign saying 'Profile of the Pesident's Brain'.

Push the last two tables together and lay out a tape measure from one end to the other, with a note saying, 'Size of the average Americans ego'.

Not much work involved and you'll be a dead cert for promotion!!
Old Aug 13th 2003, 7:52 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point

How about mickey mouse !!!! All the disney characters
Las vagas
madonna - fumble through your draws and find something kinky
the white house - piccy of bill clinton, monica and buy a cigar
Old Aug 14th 2003, 9:14 am
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light

Thankyou for all your replies

I have gone for:

red white and blue balloons (very original!)

and also

Steve Bannisters's WMD & George Dubya idea

thanks so much!

Mel
Old Aug 14th 2003, 10:38 am
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Originally posted by mika24me
Thankyou for all your replies

I have gone for:

red white and blue balloons (very original!)

and also

Steve Bannisters's WMD & George Dubya idea

thanks so much!

Mel
Glad to be of some help.

It was me who reminded Einstien to carry the '1', otherwise he would have been a nobody!