OSHC Medibank

Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:23 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default OSHC Medibank

Hi,

Can't find my our 'welcome' disc from medibank and looking for some general pointers. Went to a doctors surgery yesterday and the receptionist said they were a private clinic so waived away the card and charged the $50.

Does the OSHC subsidise anything or just serious emergency treatments at hospitals? Just wondering whether we should pay for extra cover to help out with gp visits?

Cheers
Mandy
Old Feb 8th 2008, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

lesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond reputelesleys has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OSHC Medibank

You are covered for most of the charges. You have to take the doctor's receipt to a Medibank centre (in shopping malls) and claim it back. If you need a prescription then ask the pharmacist for an official receipt. You have to pay the first $30ish but can claim any excess.

We are here on retirement visas and have the same insurance as you.
Old Feb 8th 2008, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

mandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of lightmandyp is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: OSHC Medibank

Originally Posted by lesleys
You are covered for most of the charges. You have to take the doctor's receipt to a Medibank centre (in shopping malls) and claim it back. If you need a prescription then ask the pharmacist for an official receipt. You have to pay the first $30ish but can claim any excess.

We are here on retirement visas and have the same insurance as you.
Thanks for that,

I'm v unsure of the whole system over here. The receptionist couldn't have been more helpfull, but she didn't seem to understand why I had that and not the medicare card. I just had visions of paying full costs for the next coupla years ( here on a student visa) and with a 3 year old n 17month old, could be pricey (only been here 8 weeks and already been to docs twice with the wee man).

Cheers
Mandy