Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Orthodontist Charges Perth

Orthodontist Charges Perth

Old Apr 13th 2007, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

cowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to all
Default Re: Orthodontist Charges Perth

Originally Posted by kmtsst
Hi All

Just a quick update . Have been back to the orthodontist and the price is $125.00 an appointment,my son will need regular appointments every 6 weeks for the next year. Not that badly priced .We are in Perth northern suburbs.

Sam
hi sam
wot a good memory you have and thanks for coming back to me. tom has had 3 teeth out now and having fixed brace fitted in 3 weeks. orthodontist said he would be having 6 weekly tightening.hoping to get to WA around aug time. orthodentist here does not seem very nice..quite stern.hygienist told me he would take brace off if we leave as the fittings wouldnt be the same in Oz and they were his responsibility?? surely mine, being the mama who is taking him?
thinking of just going and writing to tell him we are leaving and then getting someone to see him as soon as we get to oz. you had a 6 month gap before your son saw another dentist. was there a reason for this ?? is it easy enought to get one?

Julie
Old Apr 13th 2007, 4:16 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cowpeys
hi sam
wot a good memory you have and thanks for coming back to me. tom has had 3 teeth out now and having fixed brace fitted in 3 weeks. orthodontist said he would be having 6 weekly tightening.hoping to get to WA around aug time. orthodentist here does not seem very nice..quite stern.hygienist told me he would take brace off if we leave as the fittings wouldnt be the same in Oz and they were his responsibility?? surely mine, being the mama who is taking him?
thinking of just going and writing to tell him we are leaving and then getting someone to see him as soon as we get to oz. you had a 6 month gap before your son saw another dentist. was there a reason for this ?? is it easy enought to get one?

Julie
I have been in contact with a couple of Ortho's in Oz, and our son is scheduled for a new set of tracks in June.

We have been told that it is possible that the Ortho's down under will take it all off, and start all over again.

Because everything is covered here in Holland by my insurance, I want obviosly the major work done here. I have emailed a few Ortho's and the general response was, if you email them the full details of which brace/brackets etc are being used, if it is a type they work with you should have no problems.

Hope this helps a bit.

Paul
Old Apr 14th 2007, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

kmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant future

Hi Julie

Jacob had 4 teeth out and his braces fitted in April 06 in the UK. We went to the dentist every 6 weeks until the week before we came to Perth , we asked the UK dentist how long we could leave it without going to see another orthodontist as when we got to Oz we had loads of stuff to sort out , she told us 6 months no longer . So thats what we did phoned a few orthodontist here in Perth a few said they needed to see if they had the same fittings as Jacob had but would charge for this even if it was to say they didnt match $75 .The dentist we use has only just started to do orthodontist work we are thier first customers,and the dentist is from Birmingham and brought all his bits and peices with him.So if i was you just keep going to the one you are using and then just leave when you are ready to arrive here .Where abouts in Perth you hoping to settle ?

Sam
Old Apr 15th 2007, 8:59 am
Forum Regular

cowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to allcowpeys is a name known to all

Hi Julie

Jacob had 4 teeth out and his braces fitted in April 06 in the UK. We went to the dentist every 6 weeks until the week before we came to Perth , we asked the UK dentist how long we could leave it without going to see another orthodontist as when we got to Oz we had loads of stuff to sort out , she told us 6 months no longer . So thats what we did phoned a few orthodontist here in Perth a few said they needed to see if they had the same fittings as Jacob had but would charge for this even if it was to say they didnt match $75 .The dentist we use has only just started to do orthodontist work we are thier first customers,and the dentist is from Birmingham and brought all his bits and peices with him.So if i was you just keep going to the one you are using and then just leave when you are ready to arrive here .Where abouts in Perth you hoping to settle ?

Sam

thanks Furkew and Sam

we are not yet sure where we are going to settle. it will be where hubbys job is. we would like bunbury area but maight need to be perth itself. he looking at company in balcatta, so north perth area maybe?

Julie
Old May 6th 2007, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Im gonna keep my eye on this thread too. My daughter had top and bottom braces fitted 2 weeks ago after having 4 teeth removed
She is due to go back in 6 weeks for the tightening - i havent mentioned Australia to the orthadontist, am thinking i may keep quiet judging by some of the responses
Old May 7th 2007, 1:00 am
vin
Just Joined

vin will become famous soon enough

Hi Julie

Sam
Hi Sam,

Can you please advise me on which orthodontist you are using. We have had our sons braces fitted in the UK and now need to continue his treatment over here in Perth.

Thanks in Advance.
Old May 7th 2007, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Hiya
My daughter has just been fitted with a top brace and expander plate.orthodontist said in total over 18 mths cost is $5000 that includes appt fees,xrays,moulds,,etc...
First appt $65,Xrays $130,Moulds 130
Top brace $3350,Rme (Expander) $85

I have two other children who have been referred to the orthodontist from the school dentist.
I asked about having a discount at the orthodontist and they said yes for siblings.

The school dentist are free and will see children up to yr 11
The school dentist will extract teeth , no charge.

We go to Perfect Smiles in Ocean Reef,there is also one in Ballajura
Old May 7th 2007, 8:04 am
Forum Regular

kmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant futurekmtsst has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by vin
Hi Sam,

Can you please advise me on which orthodontist you are using. We have had our sons braces fitted in the UK and now need to continue his treatment over here in Perth.

Thanks in Advance.
Hi Vin
We use Ocean Keys Dental in Clarkson.
Old May 8th 2007, 7:19 am
Forum Regular

thanks KMTSST and MJELNC

cheers for the advice on braces. 3350 is a lot for a brace particularly when my 15 yr old still chews everything!!!

will have to remind him of the costs ...hes having his fitted next week now as the original date was on a GCSE exam!

julie
Old May 8th 2007, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

john_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond reputejohn_w has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vin
We use Ocean Keys Dental in Clarkson.
Hi
Does that mean if they come over from the uk with the brace already fitted (one of those train track types used for straightening the teeth) and just need it tightening every six weeks you just pay $125 dollars each time for about a year.Thanks for any advice.