Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

orthodontic treatment

orthodontic treatment

Old Oct 20th 2004, 6:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute
Wink orthodontic treatment

My 13 year old son had train track braces fitted on his teeth today. As we are arriving in Melbourne on 3 Nov, we will need to get him registered with an orthodontist asap. His treatment is covered by the NHS in the UK and I am dreading what its going to cost in Melbourne, but it has to be done, he has a problem with his bottom and top teeth aligning so the brace is not just for cosmetic reasons. Will I have to register with a dentist first and get a referral to an ortho or can I just go straight to one.

Any ideas with regard to costs or recommendations on dentists and orthos would be very welcome. We are hoping to rent in the Mentone area.
Old Oct 20th 2004, 6:54 pm
¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤ • ¤¤¤

DollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond reputeDollyDaydream has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: orthodontic treatment

Hi melibeam

If you do a search on orthodontist / dentist there's quite a bit of info. Here are a few threads that will start you off!!!

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...t=orthodontist

D D
Old Oct 20th 2004, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

melibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond reputemelibeam has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: orthodontic treatment

thanks for that, it looks like its going to be very expensive, especially as even if we take out private medical insurance straight away, we cannot claim anything back for six months to a year. Hubby may have to stay longer when he comes back to the UK so he can keep sending out money to me and the kids!!!

My daughter is also going to need orthodontic treatment in a year or so, I reckon I just need to budget it in to our expenses for the next few years. Its funny that people complain about the NHS in the UK, if only they knew how much they would pay without the good old NHS!