Ormeau

Old May 30th 2007, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

robbo1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ormeau

Just a quicky! would anyone know if Jacobs ridge, South of Brisbane has Broadband connection? Myself and my family are thinking of making the move from sydney to Queensland but getting told from Real agents that there is broadband but I have also heard from a few it is yet to be installed!
Like most people these days the internet is a most! God knows how we managed before !!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old May 31st 2007, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ormeau

Originally Posted by robbo1
Just a quicky! would anyone know if Jacobs ridge, South of Brisbane has Broadband connection? Myself and my family are thinking of making the move from sydney to Queensland but getting told from Real agents that there is broadband but I have also heard from a few it is yet to be installed!
Like most people these days the internet is a most! God knows how we managed before !!!!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi there. We live at Jacobs Ridge and have wireless broadband connection. The provider to whom we signed up with Airweb has recently gone into liquidation and another company Unisky Pty Ltd has taken over. There are a few teething problems at the moment, because they are upgrading all their equipment to provide a better service, so connection is a bit hit and miss at the moment, but it should all be back to normal soon. At the moment we pay $39 per month.

If you need to know anything else about the area, I would be happy to help.

Cheers

Gina
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 4:45 am
Just Joined

robbo1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sassie
Hi there. We live at Jacobs Ridge and have wireless broadband connection. The provider to whom we signed up with Airweb has recently gone into liquidation and another company Unisky Pty Ltd has taken over. There are a few teething problems at the moment, because they are upgrading all their equipment to provide a better service, so connection is a bit hit and miss at the moment, but it should all be back to normal soon. At the moment we pay $39 per month.

If you need to know anything else about the area, I would be happy to help.

Cheers

Gina
Thanks for the reply. its nice to have an honest answer! All the real estate agents have said there is a good broadband connection!!!!!!!!!
I suppose its a sale sale situation. I have looked into the Telstra and Optus connection but they were not forth coming on any future installations.
Myself and my family are thinking about moving to this area, it seems like it is a nice place for families and fairly close to to the motorway and train line to Brisbane.
Is the estate close to the motorway and trainline so that you can hear it or is a distant rumble?
We are hoping the school is pretty close too but I suppose we can not have everything. How long have you lived in the area and what do you think of the surrounding area's? I believe the beaches are about 25 mins away and hopefully there will be plenty of activities for my 7 year old girls!
Myself and my wife are hoping to fly up shortly and get a feel for the area its the only way really, not sure what to expect from where we live at the moment (expensive Sydney).

If you can help with any of those Questions it would be great.
Thanks again
Rob
Old Jun 2nd 2007, 12:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

sassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond reputesassie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robbo1
Thanks for the reply. its nice to have an honest answer! All the real estate agents have said there is a good broadband connection!!!!!!!!!
I suppose its a sale sale situation. I have looked into the Telstra and Optus connection but they were not forth coming on any future installations.
Myself and my family are thinking about moving to this area, it seems like it is a nice place for families and fairly close to to the motorway and train line to Brisbane.
Is the estate close to the motorway and trainline so that you can hear it or is a distant rumble?
We are hoping the school is pretty close too but I suppose we can not have everything. How long have you lived in the area and what do you think of the surrounding area's? I believe the beaches are about 25 mins away and hopefully there will be plenty of activities for my 7 year old girls!
Myself and my wife are hoping to fly up shortly and get a feel for the area its the only way really, not sure what to expect from where we live at the moment (expensive Sydney).

If you can help with any of those Questions it would be great.
Thanks again
Rob
Hi Rob. Have sent you a pm