Originals

Old Jun 9th 2002, 1:37 pm
Just Joined

izzyk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Originals

Hi
Does anybody know whether you should send originals or passports and birth certificates? The information in the PR pack is confusing. I will only send copies of other stuff.

Thanks

Izzy
Old Jun 9th 2002, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Lana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Originals

Somebody asked this last week. I think it was Jeremy who answered to send certified copies of everything, except of the Skills Assessment. You send the original of that one.
Old Jun 9th 2002, 4:38 pm
Squeaking Member

Anon E Mouse is on a distinguished road

I think the consensus wrt skills assess is to send the original but we actually sent a copy and that was OK.

BTW Dont send the short format birth certificate, it doesn't have all the reqd details on. You need to send the "long" version.

Anon
Old Jun 10th 2002, 2:20 am
World Citizen

> BTW Dont send the short format birth certificate, it doesn't have all the reqd
    > details on. You need to send the "long" version.

What are the required details on a birth certificate? Sorry if this information is
available somewhere on the web, but I don't recall seeing anything that would say
that. "Short" and "long" forms of birth certificate is a UK-specific thing, is it
not? Since my country of birth is not UK, I don't know what you mean by a "long" form
of birth certificate. Could you please elaborate?

Old Jun 10th 2002, 8:21 am
Rdarby

There are typically two types - one with just your details and place and date of
birth (the short one, abridged). The other has your parents on it and their place of
birth as well (unabridged). Thats the long one they want.

Cheers Ryan

Old Jun 10th 2002, 10:31 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

I suppose DIMIA would want to see your father and mother's names and details on your birth certificate. That is probably the only way DIMIA can verify that your parents are related to you. I know that would be the only way I can prove on paper I'm related to my parents, other than a DNA test :-)

The same goes for each dependent listed in your application. DIMIA will need your child's birth certificate to link your child to you.

Cheers,
Peter