Organ donation?

Old Aug 27th 2005, 10:28 pm
Professional Princess

Default Re: Organ donation?

Originally Posted by JAR123
Our Daughter died while on the donor list so we realise as a family how important it is.

We too watched casualty tonight & if it even makes one person sign up it will be worthwhile.

This is something I feel so strongly about.

My friend said she didnt agree with organ donation in any shape or form.

Would not entertain the idea of it and wouldnt discuss it.

That is until she became ill with a rare liver condition and will need a transplant in 5 years.

I saw a programme last year on American TV, and it was about this boy who had received a heart and lung transplant from a donor.

He met the parents of the donor and gave them a colour scan of the heart beating inside his body, it was so emotional, you would not believe it.

The family of the donor, were so pleased to receive the framed scan as well.

I think that if the heart of your loved one has the chance to beat in another body then who are we to stop it. If nature intends those vital organs to give another person the chance of life, then who are we to argue?

My sister wont let her son be a donor yet she would take an organ for him if he needed it.

So please to those who are not registered as organ donors, read the post I am replying to and imagine it was your loved one needing a transplant.

Would that make you re-consider?

I am registered as an organ donor and so is my husband and if someone can live on after my death, then I consider that to be a privilege.

To give a heart or any other organ the chance to work in two bodies is incredible.

I would do it without hesitation.

Old Aug 27th 2005, 11:56 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

I've just done mine, god i'm a ditz!!

I read the site and just saw the bit where it said "print form". Our printers poorly so left it, just re read it and you can do it on line. Job done! I've even been brave and done my eyes! Its not all of your eye, just a thin sheeth, c'mon folks it aint like you'll need 'em

https://www2.hic.gov.au/pext/aodr/Pa...gistration.jsp
Old Aug 28th 2005, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

JAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant futureJAR123 has a brilliant future
Smile Re: Organ donation?

Originally Posted by hevs
I've just done mine, god i'm a ditz!!

I read the site and just saw the bit where it said "print form". Our printers poorly so left it, just re read it and you can do it on line. Job done! I've even been brave and done my eyes! Its not all of your eye, just a thin sheeth, c'mon folks it aint like you'll need 'em

https://www2.hic.gov.au/pext/aodr/Pa...gistration.jsp
Well done hevs.
Old Aug 28th 2005, 8:26 am
Tupperware's #1 fan

JayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud ofJayDeee has much to be proud of

I was registered in the UK and regestered a couple of weeks ago here in oz whilst in the medicare office and my card turned up a week later, as far as I am concerned they can have what they want from me, I'm not gonna be needing it am I.

It says on the card to tell relatives of your wishes as they play a big part in the decission, from what I understand if you are on life support they have to take some organs before you actually die and some families might be a bit funny with this. I threatened to haunt Ant forever if he doesn't go along with what I want.

He will not even contemplate donating his organs, I have given him all the arguements and although he agrees that if we had a kid who needed a new heart or something he would take it he will not register to donate his organs at all, he just says thet no one is gonna chop him up. It makes me so angry but at the end of the day what can you do, I'd hate for him to die and me to have to make that decission as I would realy want to donate his organs but would know that it is not what he wanted.

Kala