Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Orange NSW to live with a 13 year old ?

Orange NSW to live with a 13 year old ?

Old Aug 17th 2011, 1:02 pm
Just Joined

gillimay is an unknown quantity at this point
Post Orange NSW to live with a 13 year old ?

I have the possibility of the job in Orange NSW, I have a 13 year old daughter (plus husband) and while I am quite open to the country lifestyle and husband likes golf and fishing etc it might be a harder sell to my daughter (she plays golf and dances but does like to shop like any 13 year old girl). Any expats out their with teenagers living in Orange?
Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2011, 1:50 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orange NSW to live with a 13 year old ?

Hi Gillimay and Welcome to B.E.

Just saying hello as I can't answer your question.

If you need a hand with the B.E. site, you can PM me.

I'm sure someone will be along with some info for you soon.

Enjoy B.E.

A.
Old Aug 17th 2011, 1:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by alistairboyle
Hi Gillimay and Welcome to B.E.

Just saying hello as I can't answer your question.

If you need a hand with the B.E. site, you can PM me.

I'm sure someone will be along with some info for you soon.

Enjoy B.E.

A.
Thanks A - I'm not quite an expat yet but hope to be soon
Old Aug 17th 2011, 1:59 pm
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillimay
Thanks A - I'm not quite an expat yet but hope to be soon
No worries. I think B.E. began life as a sort of support mechanism for those that were already abroad but it has evolved into a good source of info for those making the leap.

All welcome.

Not sure if you've seen this, might help: http://www.orange-nsw.com/
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:46 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

I can't answer from a teenager's point of view but I rather like Orange. It is more a country town than an outback town in the sense that it is big enough to have plenty of services - hospital, uni, technical college and there is plenty to do. They have preserved much of the 19th buildings too so it is an attractive place. It's on the main rail to Sydney too. It gets very cold in winter though.

There's nothing wrong with the outback towns either. I love visiting them but they can be a bit like oasis' in the desert, many miles from decent sized towns and services.
Old Aug 18th 2011, 9:47 am
BE Enthusiast

saveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to beholdsaveme is a splendid one to behold

PS population over 30,000 I forgot to put in. Bathurst, with a similar population is not too far away either for a change of scene.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by saveme
I can't answer from a teenager's point of view but I rather like Orange. It is more a country town than an outback town in the sense that it is big enough to have plenty of services - hospital, uni, technical college and there is plenty to do. They have preserved much of the 19th buildings too so it is an attractive place. It's on the main rail to Sydney too. It gets very cold in winter though.

There's nothing wrong with the outback towns either. I love visiting them but they can be a bit like oasis' in the desert, many miles from decent sized towns and services.
Thanks -
Old Aug 19th 2011, 11:30 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

The woman who won Masterchef lives in Orange. She's going to open a B&B. A bit of useless info for you.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 11:40 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

I have the possibility of the job in Orange NSW, I have a 13 year old daughter (plus husband) and while I am quite open to the country lifestyle and husband likes golf and fishing etc it might be a harder sell to my daughter (she plays golf and dances but does like to shop like any 13 year old girl). Any expats out their with teenagers living in Orange?
Thanks
Hi Gillimay - I live in Orange and have done for nearly two years now. I have family here and love it. Its a great lifestyle if you like food, wine, and golf. Not so good if you like surfing! For a country town it has reasonably shopping but Sydney it aint.
My cousins all have teenagers who like Orange, but I suspect a lot may move away to Uni etc when older.
There are good schools and sporting activities, a booming economy and good employment.
Happy to answer any questions you have, but there are not lots of expats in Orange, so not sure if any will have teenagers - there are however lots of teenagers here!
Old Aug 19th 2011, 1:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Scotty1
Hi Gillimay - I live in Orange and have done for nearly two years now. I have family here and love it. Its a great lifestyle if you like food, wine, and golf. Not so good if you like surfing! For a country town it has reasonably shopping but Sydney it aint.
My cousins all have teenagers who like Orange, but I suspect a lot may move away to Uni etc when older.
There are good schools and sporting activities, a booming economy and good employment.
Happy to answer any questions you have, but there are not lots of expats in Orange, so not sure if any will have teenagers - there are however lots of teenagers here!

That's great many thanks I am waiting to hear about the job so if it is good news I might come back with some more questions.
Old Aug 19th 2011, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
The woman who won Masterchef lives in Orange. She's going to open a B&B. A bit of useless info for you.
aww you've spoilt it now we haven't seen season 3 Masterchef in UK yet!
Old Aug 20th 2011, 12:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

aww you've spoilt it now we haven't seen season 3 Masterchef in UK yet!
Oops sorry. Nah it wasn't her it was, err, someone else from err, somewhere else.
Old Aug 20th 2011, 2:32 am

Bello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond reputeBello has a reputation beyond repute

must say i like orange as well and if your hubbies a petrol head he'll be in heaven with bathurst just down the road i think your daughter would be fine, theres plenty of shopping in orange, lovely town if you ask me
Old Aug 20th 2011, 4:02 am
Bright in Orange

Scotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond reputeScotty1 has a reputation beyond repute

That's great many thanks I am waiting to hear about the job so if it is good news I might come back with some more questions.
No worries - happy to help
Old Aug 20th 2011, 10:14 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Oops sorry. Nah it wasn't her it was, err, someone else from err, somewhere else.
Big mouth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.