Reload this Page >

Optus Prepaid Mobile Questions

Optus Prepaid Mobile Questions

Old Sep 28th 2005, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

lonelysin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Optus Prepaid Mobile Questions

Hi

I'm planning to purchase an optus prepaid sim pack during my trip. I've checked out the online website and there are various choices of plan available. They are:

Get Turbocharged, Free calls & text anytime, free calls anytime and text 18c talk.

Any recommendation on the above plan? Also, if I were to leave Australia and come back again say next year....am I still able to use the prepaid sim card? Does it have any validity?

Finally, it stated that national calls costs 37c per 30s. Does this apply to home phones or mobiles including telstra and other network?

Also, what is the meaning of flagfall?

Hope you guys can help me on the above Q's. Thanks.

LS
Old Sep 28th 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

nanci will become famous soon enoughnanci will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Optus Prepaid Mobile Questions

Originally Posted by lonelysin
Hi

I'm planning to purchase an optus prepaid sim pack during my trip. I've checked out the online website and there are various choices of plan available. They are:

Get Turbocharged, Free calls & text anytime, free calls anytime and text 18c talk.

Any recommendation on the above plan? Also, if I were to leave Australia and come back again say next year....am I still able to use the prepaid sim card? Does it have any validity?

Finally, it stated that national calls costs 37c per 30s. Does this apply to home phones or mobiles including telstra and other network?

LS
HI,

We use Optus Prepaid, we have opted for the free calls anytime package, because it means as a family we can keep in touch for free. I'm not sure they are the best provider in Australia and it may well be worth doing a search on other providers first.

I think the Sim is valid for 6 months from activation, if you do not top up, but all the offers vary between one and two months validity.

I think the 37c per 30 seconds does apply to land and mobile calls, the flagfall charge is the charge made for the connection of any call, you then pay the additional charges for the length of call on top of that.

I'm no expert in this field, but hopefully this info will help you a bit.

Nanci
Old Sep 28th 2005, 10:30 pm
Back in Uk and loving it

Emzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant futureEmzee has a brilliant future
Default Re: Optus Prepaid Mobile Questions

Originally Posted by lonelysin
Hi

LS
I bought a pre-paid Optus mobile when we arrived, it is now sitting in the cupboard redundant, the network is CRAP . My suggestion is get a Telstra one