Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Opposing Rallies make Coburg focus of Aus news today...

Opposing Rallies make Coburg focus of Aus news today...

Old May 27th 2016, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute
Default Opposing Rallies make Coburg focus of Aus news today...

Well it's happening less than 500 meters from where I live... Got two quite large groups gathering and at present an even larger group of police.

Hopefully it passes of without any problems....but I doubt it.

Not sure whether to go up for a look or not yet. Must say the Anti Islamists have got a real cheek coming to this particular suburb and are basically walking into a very dangerous situation for themselves, as I'd say this suburb including the Waspy times like myself are very open to our middle eastern neighbours... or we wouldn't live here eh

A hell of a lot of the shops are shut, which has pee'd me off personally ...not sure why we should have to put up with that. Even the doctors and chemists are shut.

Traders fear violence when competing political rallies meet in Coburg
Old May 28th 2016, 3:40 am
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Opposing Rallies make Coburg focus of Aus news today...

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
Well it's happening less than 500 meters from where I live... Got two quite large groups gathering and at present an even larger group of police.

Hopefully it passes of without any problems....but I doubt it.

Not sure whether to go up for a look or not yet. Must say the Anti Islamists have got a real cheek coming to this particular suburb and are basically walking into a very dangerous situation for themselves, as I'd say this suburb including the Waspy times like myself are very open to our middle eastern neighbours... or we wouldn't live here eh

A hell of a lot of the shops are shut, which has pee'd me off personally ...not sure why we should have to put up with that. Even the doctors and chemists are shut.

Traders fear violence when competing political rallies meet in Coburg
Democracy at work
Old May 28th 2016, 4:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond reputeozzieeagle has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily it rained buckets and kept a hell of lot of people away.... a fizzer, people shut their shops for nothing.
Old May 28th 2016, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Luckily it rained buckets and kept a hell of lot of people away.... a fizzer, people shut their shops for nothing.
Luckily rained out. Still the Islamaphobes are seemingly increasing their provocative and hatful stances usually out of ignorance under a nationalist umbrella. Some nasty types behind the scenes.
Old May 28th 2016, 10:31 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

According to the DM it was violent with pepper spray and everything. It's the DM, it must be true.
Old May 28th 2016, 1:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
According to the DM it was violent with pepper spray and everything. It's the DM, it must be true.

There was pepper spray and a cew minor clashes....but it was more like dozens of people compared to the 100s they were expecting. The people that were arrested on the anti islam side seemed to come from country towns like Bendigo and beyond...they probably only ever get to be see muslim people on tv usually.
Old May 28th 2016, 2:55 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

There was pepper spray and a cew minor clashes....but it was more like dozens of people compared to the 100s they were expecting. The people that were arrested on the anti islam side seemed to come from country towns like Bendigo and beyond...they probably only ever get to be see muslim people on tv usually.
And where were the people that were arrested on the pro-islam side from?
Old May 28th 2016, 9:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Amazulu

I dont know to be honest... I'll see what unfolds in the local papers this week.

I'd assume they were mostly from Inner Melbourne personally.

Just as well the UPF (United patriots front) didn't get to march down Sydney Rd....That would have been like the Orange order marching through a catholic zone.

I think people would have really gotten hurt if that had occurred. Fairly sure the general community would have started then, not just the activists.
Old May 29th 2016, 12:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Would have been more but it rained. Dedicated lot then. Rallies,riots violent scuffles don't seem uncommon in Melbourne,so I pay little attention to news coverage of them. Really should. Have noticed lots of anti and pro campaigners in city last two weeks . Thurs night in city Main concern for us was the crazed guy outside where we picked up hot drinks. Locked in shop for 15 mins while several police and paramedics arrived to restrain him.
Old May 29th 2016, 2:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond reputethe troubadour has a reputation beyond repute

Same place likely as those doing the provocation, in the main, I expect.
Old May 30th 2016, 4:33 am
Proudly Deplorable

Originally Posted by the troubadour
Same place likely as those doing the provocation, in the main, I expect.

Provocation evenly spread

From what I could see on the news, both sides were giving as good as they got
Old May 30th 2016, 6:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Provocation evenly spread

From what I could see on the news, both sides were giving as good as they got
TV perceptions are often misleading. Anyway so much for your rowdy, violent anti fascists. It would appear both sides had numerous supporters there for a dust up.

I expect you miss the 'old days', when specially trained uniformed thugs would have sorted it in minutes with water cannon, bull whips, rubber bullets, with a few life rounds to show whose bass.
Old May 30th 2016, 7:13 am
Proudly Deplorable

TV perceptions are often misleading. Anyway so much for your rowdy, violent anti fascists. It would appear both sides had numerous supporters there for a dust up.

I expect you miss the 'old days', when specially trained uniformed thugs would have sorted it in minutes with water cannon, bull whips, rubber bullets, with a few life rounds to show whose bass.
Stop living in your bitter and twisted, hate-filled past Herman

Build a bridge and get over it
Old May 30th 2016, 9:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Stop living in your bitter and twisted, hate-filled past Herman

Build a bridge and get over it
Even better why not climb on board the good ship Enlightenment , and leave the past flawed ideology behind you. And bin The Spectator , and broaden your reading material and thinking may just follow.
Old May 30th 2016, 10:23 am
Proudly Deplorable

Even better why not climb on board the good ship Enlightenment , and leave the past flawed ideology behind you. And bin The Spectator , and broaden your reading material and thinking may just follow.
Bass?

Bomb the Bass?

What a tune!

Bass guitar?

Bass amplifier?

Bass fish?

Or All about that Bass?

The choice is yours

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.