opinions on these Brissie burbs plz

opinions on these Brissie burbs plz

Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:29 am
Sye
Forum Regular

Sye will become famous soon enoughSye will become famous soon enough
Default opinions on these Brissie burbs plz

Hi All

Can any of you luckies who are in Brissie please give me their opinions on the following burbs;

Boondall, Banyo, Deagon, Taigum, Aspley

We would prefer near a train station, and would consider north or South ( just not narrowed down any south yet)

Im in Adelaide at the mo and theres a big North/South divide. Is it the same there.. Ive noticed that most live South or Bayside, but I just want somewhere thats accessible to the city.

Much appreciated

Karen

Last edited by Sye; Mar 28th 2007 at 6:29 am. Reason: typo oops
Old Mar 28th 2007, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

matt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond reputematt-and-jenny has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: opinions on these Brissie burbs plz

Hi Karen
We looked at houses in all these suburbs last year when house hunting!

We live on the border of Aspley and Zillmere. We also needed to be near a train line. We're happy enough where we are. I'm a 12 minute walk from the train station (Zillmere) and it's about 25 minutes to the city. My friends have just bought a house in Boondall. They paid $305K for a typical post-war 3bd on 700m2.

I also like Bald Hills, Carseldine and Geebung. There's still some affordable homes in this neck of the woods.
Banyo may have some extra noise pollution in the near future apparently, with the extra Runway at the airport.

Pollyanna also lives close by, she may be able to give some advice!
Jen
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:06 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by matt-and-jenny
Hi Karen
We looked at houses in all these suburbs last year when house hunting!

We live on the border of Aspley and Zillmere. We also needed to be near a train line. We're happy enough where we are. I'm a 12 minute walk from the train station (Zillmere) and it's about 25 minutes to the city. My friends have just bought a house in Boondall. They paid $305K for a typical post-war 3bd on 700m2.

I also like Bald Hills, Carseldine and Geebung. There's still some affordable homes in this neck of the woods.
Banyo may have some extra noise pollution in the near future apparently, with the extra Runway at the airport.

Pollyanna also lives close by, she may be able to give some advice!
Jen
Yep, I'm in Aspley, bit further south than you I guess, over the hill from Zillmere station - its still the nearest station though. Aspley (at least this part, Robinson Road area) is lovely, usually quiet, plenty of parks and trees. Only thing I miss is the public transport - 20 minutes to the nearest bus in peak times isn't good in the heat, and its a good 30-35 minutes walk to Zillemer for the train. However on the good side, its a 25 minute walk to Chermside, Hypermarket at Pick n Pay is good, and we are lucky enough to be on the hilltop and get the breezes off the bay. We look over towards the airport and at night you can hear the planes running the engines up, but its not intrusive, the hoons are noisier and you get them everywhere.

Got friends in Boondall, Warner, Carseldine, all out this way, and all quite happy being northside - both Aussies and Brits

Have you looked at www.ourbrisbane.com where they have profiles of all the suburbs?
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:09 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
Yep, I'm over the hill
Ah Polly, don't talk like that. You're only as young as you feel
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:12 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wmoore
Ah Polly, don't talk like that. You're only as young as you feel
Exactly!
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

smiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to allsmiths is a name known to all

We live in the Cleveland area, which is a nice area but a bit of a trek on the train - it takes a winding route into the City and takes approx 1 hour - even Manly would take about 40 mins.

If a shorter commute by train is your preference then I'd stick to north side.
Old Mar 28th 2007, 12:28 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Try the Western suburbs such as Taringa, Toowong or Indooripilly.

You can then get to the city on the City Cat along the river.

G
Old Mar 28th 2007, 6:14 pm
DownUnder

datamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond reputedatamile has a reputation beyond repute

Brisbane aircraft noise profiles are here. Public info, which is way better than you'd ever get in the UK

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/...006/BN06Q4.pdf

You can get the other major airports here

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/reports/nfpms/