Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Opinions Please from all you house sellers!!

Opinions Please from all you house sellers!!

Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:12 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Opinions Please from all you house sellers!!

http://www.makeasmartmove.co.uk/da/18808

These guys above just charge you £345 up front to sell your house no matter what the value.

I say; Fee up front means they won't work as hard to sell your house, it's like tipping a waiter before he/she serves your meal!

My wife says; They may be the Easy Jet of the estate agent world, give them a chance.

I say; Estate Agents are all bloody crooks who sit on their arse all day answering phones and drinking tea anyways. Trouble is I agree with her as well.

My wife says; Shut up Dave..............

Awwwwwwww Bugger

What would you all do???????????

Dave
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:22 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Opinions Please from all you house sellers!!

Can you afford to lose the money? What is the trading status of the company? Are they Limited - you can check this out on the companies house website at www.companies-house.gov.uk (office hours)- who are the directors etc etc. How many properties have they got on their books- do a google search for estate agents and see where they come in the list.

Personally I wouldn't pay anything up front. If they want the business and say they can sell then they should put their money where the mouth is and wait until you have a buyer and have completed!

The old adage springs to mind - if it seems too good to be true then it probably is!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:25 pm

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point

Another thing - I see that you and the company are based in Soton so go to the offices and see what it is - could just be an accommodation address!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey youre up late. Just finished work?

We were just talking about ebay for property sales...

£35.00 to list and you get quite a large audience

Mick
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:47 pm
Drifting back to earth

wavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond reputewavy_davy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mick-12
Hey youre up late. Just finished work?

We were just talking about ebay for property sales...

£35.00 to list and you get quite a large audience

Mick
Nope, I'm off today, still archiving all my bloody VHS to DVD, takes forever!
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:49 pm
Drifting back to earth

Originally Posted by Vanessa
Another thing - I see that you and the company are based in Soton so go to the offices and see what it is - could just be an accommodation address!
They don't have a premises, this is why they are so cheap............there's something at the back of my head telling me not to pay the fee up front..
Old Oct 5th 2005, 11:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by wavy_davy
They don't have a premises, this is why they are so cheap............there's something at the back of my head telling me not to pay the fee up front..
Don't do it sounds way dodgy.Then again can you trust any estate agents either??
You should try selling a restaurant its a pain in the a**e.

Mick
Old Oct 6th 2005, 12:02 am
BE Enthusiast

psb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond reputepsb182 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.makeasmartmove.co.uk/da/18808

These guys above just charge you £345 up front to sell your house no matter what the value.

I say; Fee up front means they won't work as hard to sell your house, it's like tipping a waiter before he/she serves your meal!

My wife says; They may be the Easy Jet of the estate agent world, give them a chance.

I say; Estate Agents are all bloody crooks who sit on their arse all day answering phones and drinking tea anyways. Trouble is I agree with her as well.

My wife says; Shut up Dave..............

Awwwwwwww Bugger

What would you all do???????????

Dave

I guess if you live in soutn then great as a quick look seems to be all in that area........do a google search and put down "houses for sale in southampton uk".....then pick one of them that are on the front page
Old Oct 6th 2005, 12:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Just had a look at their site and have come to the opinion that it looks to good to be true.I would phone the solictor they have listed and see what he has to say.

I would love to save all those fees!!!!

Mick
Old Oct 6th 2005, 12:22 am
Drifting back to earth

Just had a look at their site and have come to the opinion that it looks to good to be true.I would phone the solictor they have listed and see what he has to say.

I would love to save all those fees!!!!

Mick
Mate of mine's just bought a restaurant in Bournemouth, mega headache but made it in the end...we're going there for dinner tomorrow night.
Old Oct 6th 2005, 12:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Mate of mine's just bought a restaurant in Bournemouth, mega headache but made it in the end...we're going there for dinner tomorrow night.
Got any more mates????
Old Oct 6th 2005, 12:26 am
Drifting back to earth

Got any more mates????
Myself and the wife tried to buy a converted chapel for restaurant use last year but got the stitched by Hsbc and the vendor was a no-mark, so that never happened! Wish I could help you out, what are you selling?
Old Oct 6th 2005, 12:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Myself and the wife tried to buy a converted chapel for restaurant use last year but got the stitched by Hsbc and the vendor was a no-mark, so that never happened! Wish I could help you out, what are you selling?

Things usually turn out for the best!
sent you a pm

Mick
Old Oct 6th 2005, 12:33 am
Drifting back to earth

Things usually turn out for the best!
sent you a pm

Mick
Lease? Nice Menu
Old Oct 6th 2005, 12:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Lease? Nice Menu
Yep & Yep

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.