Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

opening a bank account from UK

opening a bank account from UK

Old Jun 11th 2005, 10:45 am
Forum Regular

zerocash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default opening a bank account from UK

Is there any accounts i can open from here in the uk, i know about commonwealth, but i want open, like an online account, is this possible?
Old Jun 11th 2005, 10:53 am
BE Enthusiast

robert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud ofrobert cowan has much to be proud of
Default Re: opening a bank account from UK

Originally Posted by zerocash
Is there any accounts i can open from here in the uk, i know about commonwealth, but i want open, like an online account, is this possible?
have a look at this we have just sent it off will see how long to get acc no back from them.

http://www.anz.com/aus/promo/internresaccount/
Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:53 am
ABCDiamond

HSBC Bank, International Branch Tel: 020 7991 7278 (Local High Street Branches may not know about it)

http://www.hsbc.com.au/personal/accounts/osa.html

Old Jun 11th 2005, 11:57 am

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

We donre it with Westpac online,opened the account for us then sent us the paperwork,we had to forward it back to them with ID,2 Phone calls later (reasurance really) & that was it! Could only deposit money in it from the UK, .(cant withdraw anything from it)whilst you are still in the UK that is but you can view statement etc..online.

Never had any problems with Westpac to date,transfered house sale funds etc...they do charge $5 ever month for usage plus $1.50 at every cash point thats not a westpac one.

Open one thats the easiest from the UK,then you can change over to one that suits when your here

Donna.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 9:42 pm
Tribu dei Chihuahua

squeezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud ofsqueezzii has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
HSBC Bank, International Branch Tel: 020 7991 7278 (Local High Street Branches may not know about it)

How true! we tried to open an account with local HSBC and the people in the office had not a clue about what to do,the oz branch had sent us the forms and everything all our local branch had to do pretty much was stamp it, take our cheque and send to oz in internal mail-they coulndt have looked anymore dumfounded if I'd walked in with a gun and held the place up! :scared: ended up getting the office stamp and sending it all ourselves with covering letter . fortunately peeps at oz end were great and now sorted with e-banking and everything.
Old Jun 11th 2005, 10:45 pm
too busy to work members

yafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really niceyafm is just really nice

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond

We opened an HSBC account from Uk before we came. The cheapest banking in australia You use the post offices as branches (some of the other banks also do this) as there are not many branches except in large cities. CHOOSE they branch you want to use - don't let them choose the 'closest' as this could be off the rail or easy transport track.

For instance we pay all our bills by direct debit as this allows us to forget about them - FREE nearly all other banks charge for the priviledge.
I use internet or phone banking all the time with no problems
We collected the paperwork from our local HSN=BC in UK and went to Canary Wharf to sign and witness the final papers and collect everything - very helpful people