Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Open return flights?

Open return flights?

Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Tino is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Open return flights?

Does anyone know if you can book open return flights Oz > UK?
I know when im going, just dont know when in a year I will be returning and obviously its cheaper to get a return than 2x one way fares.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Amandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of lightAmandabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Open return flights?

I think you can, just book an imaginary date, then when you have a more firm date change it and pay the charge. This is what my mum does when she goes over.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 10:18 pm

Centurion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond reputeCenturion has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you can change dates on the fare ticket you pay for. The cheaper the ticket the more restrictions. You put in any date you like. However, your ticket will only be valid for a maximum of 12 months.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:44 pm
Aussie lost in the UK

AndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond reputeAndyR1976 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Centurion
Make sure you can change dates on the fare ticket you pay for. The cheaper the ticket the more restrictions. You put in any date you like. However, your ticket will only be valid for a maximum of 12 months.
I have done this a couple of times and if you book through STA travel they will let you have a return date up to 18 months from departure (as opposed to the usual 12 months). They used to call it the 'STA blue ticket' - it cost a bit more though and not sure if they still do it but worth a try!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:11 am
BE Enthusiast

PoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to beholdPoppetUK is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Amandabee
I think you can, just book an imaginary date, then when you have a more firm date change it and pay the charge. This is what my mum does when she goes over.
This is what we did UK to Oz but you only have a year to use them and that year does seem to fly by.