British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Open-minded/Controversial adults-only query.... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/open-minded-controversial-adults-only-query-293654/)

pink_cartillac Apr 1st 2005 11:28 am

Open-minded/Controversial adults-only query....

What is the swinging scene in Oz (Sydney, Melbourne, Perth, etc) like?

We appreciate this is not a typical thing for all, but we thought we'd ask nonetheless as we believe such "taboo" lifestyles are alive there but not sure to what extent - if anyone has any info please feel free to post or mail us as we understand not everyone wants to discuss such matters openly.

fraser Apr 1st 2005 11:29 am

Re: Open-minded/Controversial adults-only query....

Originally Posted by pink_cartillac

We appreciate this is not a typical thing for all, but we thought we'd ask nonetheless as we believe such "taboo" lifestyles are alive there but not sure to what extent - if anyone has any info please feel free to post or mail us as we understand not everyone wants to discuss such matters openly.

I think you have the wrong bait on your hook. You should ground feed first :D

Merlot Apr 1st 2005 11:31 am

If this is a real thread???

Sydney take a trip up Oxford Street - Darlinghurst/Kings X, has something fro everyone!

G&P Apr 1st 2005 11:36 am

hopefully you will get the visa soon, I sent off meds mid february and got the word today that our visas have been granted, over the moon!

They seem to be getting through things quickly!!

fraser Apr 1st 2005 11:39 am

Originally Posted by G&P
hopefully you will get the visa soon, I sent off meds mid february and got the word today that our visas have been granted, over the moon!

They seem to be getting through things quickly!!

Congratulations have PM'd you :beer: :beer: :beer:

ozzieeagle Apr 1st 2005 11:42 am

In my earlier years here, When I was really striving to pay off my Mortgage, I did some shifts for a freind at a Club X store. I was truely amazed by the interest shown by patrons in what is one of the largest errm special interest groups that exist in society today.

Swinging is obviously, from my experience working at Club X ('Part time') where contact was commonly sought, far more common than anyone here would ever beleive, If homosexuals equate to 1 in 4 of the populace, I would say that Swinging could be as high as 1 in 8.

I kid you not.

answer to original poster, The same as england,

Look up club gemini, or Roxannes, in Melbourne. via the net.

Hilton`s Apr 1st 2005 12:31 pm

Is this a April Fools Joke, by any chance?

Tracey

Bix Apr 1st 2005 12:35 pm

1 Attachment(s)
I'm a regular swinger :p

JackTheLad Apr 1st 2005 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by ozzieeagle
If homosexuals equate to 1 in 4 of the populace, I would say that Swinging could be as high as 1 in 8.

Is that 1 in 8 people, or 1 in 8 couples? If its 1 in 8 people, then that could mean 1 in 4 couples (with one reluctant partner).

This is important! :D

Statistically, I mean :o

Cheers,
JTL

Merlot Apr 1st 2005 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by Hilton`s
Is this a April Fools Joke, by any chance?

Tracey

More than likely as only done one post but hey it has us all buzzing . . or is that the merchandise ;) :D