Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Open house inspections

Open house inspections

Old Nov 17th 2007, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

linloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to alllinloo is a name known to all
Default Open house inspections

Has anybody had some laughs at open house inspections? Some of the houses we went to see must of had wonderful photograpers Because it wasnt the same house we viewed My OH and I would walk round trying to be polite (Thats the British in us) but cracking up inside and wiping your feet on the way out. My pal still goes to a few just to have a laugh Any stories please tell
Old Nov 17th 2007, 12:58 am
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice
Default Re: Open house inspections

Originally Posted by linloo
Has anybody had some laughs at open house inspections? Some of the houses we went to see must of had wonderful photograpers Because it wasnt the same house we viewed My OH and I would walk round trying to be polite (Thats the British in us) but cracking up inside and wiping your feet on the way out. My pal still goes to a few just to have a laugh Any stories please tell
When we first got here in OZ, one of the first home opens we went to i laughed at the 'family bathroom'..i said 'is that a doggy bath?'

It was so small the bath and low down that i thought they were for dogs. Couldn't imagine getting in it. Also i often thought in alot of the houses..'where's the rest of the kitchen cupboards'

Took us ages to find a house with a decent sized bath.
Old Nov 17th 2007, 2:15 am
Account Closed

crystal23 is an unknown quantity at this point

Saw a house full of corn dollies, witch dolls (some suspended from the ceiling on broomsticks and a teddy bear being crucified on a cross that was hung on the wall.

Another one where the owners teen daughter was in the outdoor spa with some friends during a house open.

But the best (worst) one was when we walked into the house and the agent said "Be careful when you go into the garden, there's alot of dog mess on the grass"
Old Nov 17th 2007, 2:20 am

Vim Fuego is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
When we first got here in OZ, one of the first home opens we went to i laughed at the 'family bathroom'..i said 'is that a doggy bath?'

It was so small the bath and low down that i thought they were for dogs. Couldn't imagine getting in it. Also i often thought in alot of the houses..'where's the rest of the kitchen cupboards'

Maybe the vendors were surprised the Poms needed a bath ...
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond reputeBobcat has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think too many folk will be able to find fault with your place........... they will be blown away by its splendour.............. which is probably why you bought it in the first place!!!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 11:58 pm
Account Closed

Nu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really niceNu-Shooz is just really nice

Originally Posted by Bobcat
I don't think too many folk will be able to find fault with your place........... they will be blown away by its splendour.............. which is probably why you bought it in the first place!!!
Thanks John. you are very kind. Fingers crossed then.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:03 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks John. you are very kind. Fingers crossed then.
PM me a link then, right nosey cow me
Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:15 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by northernbird
PM me a link then, right nosey cow me
I can do better than that, come round
Old Nov 19th 2007, 12:22 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

I can do better than that, come round
Well pm me the link then, because I can't come round and I'm a nosey beak too