British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Oooooooh !!!!!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/oooooooh-402511/)

UKNZAUS Oct 16th 2006 1:26 pm

Oooooooh !!!!!!

We had an email this morning offering my hubby a job in Albany! OMG!!!!! :scared:

We can't come over as skilled migrants as my hubby worked from the bottom up (Product Manager) so has no formal qualifications and needs a degree before Vetassess will give us a positive!

I applied for every IT job going quite a while back to get his name and CV around, hoping somewhere/someone would be interested in sponsoring - but they were mainly recruitment agencies and only wanted to know when he'd be in Oz for interviews :(

Anyhoo, he's going to take the email with him to the Sills Expo in Manchester tomorrow and ask DIMA what he can do to get us in yayyyyyyy!

Also got a buyer for my house when we decide to sell - my friends bro loves the size of our home and wants first refusal on it - everything is sorted except the job offer/sponsorship front (for definate!)! It's all moving quite fast now - thank god I started de-chintzing (lol) a few weeks ago on the 'just in case' scenario!

Wish us luck please ... we've dreamed about this for a loooong time now!

Michelle & Carl :D

sassycat Oct 16th 2006 1:40 pm

Re: Oooooooh !!!!!!

Originally Posted by Michelle&Carl
We had an email this morning offering my hubby a job in Albany! OMG!!!!! :scared:

We can't come over as skilled migrants as my hubby worked from the bottom up (Product Manager) so has no formal qualifications and needs a degree before Vetassess will give us a positive!

I applied for every IT job going quite a while back to get his name and CV around, hoping somewhere/someone would be interested in sponsoring - but they were mainly recruitment agencies and only wanted to know when he'd be in Oz for interviews :(

Anyhoo, he's going to take the email with him to the Sills Expo in Manchester tomorrow and ask DIMA what he can do to get us in yayyyyyyy!

Also got a buyer for my house when we decide to sell - my friends bro loves the size of our home and wants first refusal on it - everything is sorted except the job offer/sponsorship front (for definate!)! It's all moving quite fast now - thank god I started de-chintzing (lol) a few weeks ago on the 'just in case' scenario!

All the best - hope it all goes smoothly for you :)

leechy100 Oct 16th 2006 1:53 pm

Thats really good news for you. I hope it all works out. Some things are just meant to happen and fate has a way of bringing things together if they are meant to be!
Nicky x

nightnurse2 Oct 16th 2006 2:09 pm

Congratulations and good luck!
OH is working in Albany, doing the Albany ringroad.

Tracey

curly Oct 16th 2006 3:12 pm

Will keep fingers crossed for you ;) Good luck and let us know :)

egghead4 Oct 16th 2006 5:52 pm

hope everything goes to plan, keep us updated :) :)
bec and egg

conat Oct 16th 2006 7:50 pm

Thats fantastic. All the best to you all and hope it goes well

GOOD LUCK :D