Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Oooooh - anyone else hear the thunder last night?!

Oooooh - anyone else hear the thunder last night?!

Old Oct 27th 2003, 9:17 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Oooooh - anyone else hear the thunder last night?! (Sorry in Perth)

Hi All

Might just have been over our way, (Scarborough?Innaloo etc) but boy was that thunder loud, thought a bomb had gone off!

Last edited by Pookin; Oct 27th 2003 at 9:28 am.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:01 am
Good to be back in UK

Jirrupin is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Pookin,

I slept through the night but my beloved tells me he could hear thunder in the distance. We are in South Perth so maybe it was right over Scarborough.

I have been told of the great thunder storms they have here and as I love to watch a good storm I am lookign forward to the experience.
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:40 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

We all woke up to, up here in Ellenbrook (dog box city). God, the dog jumped on the bed and the two cats and then our daughter came in, anyone else I shouted!!
Wait till the thunder really gets going 'you aint heard nothing yet' or so the saying goes!!
Old Oct 27th 2003, 10:52 am
Be true to your skew

Pookin is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by janeyray
We all woke up to, up here in Ellenbrook (dog box city). God, the dog jumped on the bed and the two cats and then our daughter came in, anyone else I shouted!!
Wait till the thunder really gets going 'you aint heard nothing yet' or so the saying goes!!
LOL - my man never even woke up - was snoring in harmony with the thunder!

It was mad. Never heard such loud thunder. Didn't look out at the lightning, but could 'see' it with my back away from the window.
Old Oct 28th 2003, 5:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Jacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond reputeJacqui has a reputation beyond repute

We had the thunder down here in Mandurah too, I think most of the neighourhood dogs were barking that night, that's what kept me awake. I thought it was a "mild" storm compared to what we've had though! At least this time we didn't lose a fence or have the electrics blown out, or the security alarm set off, or the kids in bed with us shaking............