Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The only thing I miss about the UK

Wikiposts

The only thing I miss about the UK

Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:33 pm
Look at me kimmie

leanda will become famous soon enoughleanda will become famous soon enough

I was asked for ID in Woolworths about 5 years ago, I was buying some " Liquers" for my nan at Christmas, I was about 28 or 29 and it made my Christmas, I haven't been asked since though!!!!!
Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:34 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by loose
I'm still sweet - just got enough wild side in me to make life fun!!

I know, its crap being at work when its quiet and you know you've got a million things to do at home. I've just sent the last of my docs to my case worker, and now I've got to get the house sorted to sell. And where am I?? Bored to tears at work! The only highlight being the wonderful wit and conversation from my wee chums on here!

I'm babbling! Going to the pub for my lunch, that should calm me down a bit!

keep posting - its the only thing getting me through today!

SO BBOOORREEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Depressing, isn't it? I'm literally wasting time, watching life tick by. I've got a bathroom to re-tile, a microwave to fix, three months worth of visa filing to do and a stack of laundry to do (guess who gets to wash the rugby kit again this week).

I work in the middle of nowhere with no distractions nearby. The highlight of the day has been watching the planting of a mulberry tree (ceremonial planting, in fact) which is really quite sad. If it wasn't raining, I'd take myself outside and talk to the cows in the paddock near my office, but it is, so I won't.

I'm trying to think of something to keep my occupied for the next, erm, four and a half hours but can't come up with anything, so I'll just have to keep posting here! The stupid thing is that I don't actually have to be here - got no set working hours and only have to do the hours it takes to get the job done, so I could go home until May. But I have an evil psycho boss who will hit the roof if I try that one...
Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:38 pm
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I am able to listen to TripleJ on my computer though, so that's helping me through...
Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:46 pm
She's a bird, you know

A few months back when I hit another bored s**tless patch, I had a copy of Badge's book to keep me amused. It was great! I may have to start it again...
Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:49 pm
Badge

Badgers uses Palmolive Extra 'Hydrating' Shower Gel (AUS2.99) - on special in Target, doesn't bother with soap. He uses a Gilette Mach 3 Turbo whatsit shaver, he changes the blade once every 2-3 weeks.

He has some Tommy Hilfeger aftershave (US20.99) bought at Los angeles airport in 1999 which is still almost full!!!!! He sports a (AUS200) buck electric toothbush whizzy brush and squirty thing ensemble.

He also takes Wellman, and cod liver oil supplements every day, and does 50 pressups in the bathroom every morning - after using the lime source.

He confesses to having owned a facial scrub, although doesn't currently own, and even allowed MrsB to give him a facial back in the UK.

He also owns aromatic smelling bath salts which he got whilst living in Luxembourg.

BM

Last edited by badgersmount; Apr 7th 2004 at 10:44 am.

Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:52 pm
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by badgersmount
Badgers uses Palmolive Extra 'Hydrating' Shower Gel (AUS2.99) - on special in Target, doesn't bother with soap. He uses a Gilette Mach 3 Turbo whatsit shaver, he changes the blade once every 2-3 weeks.

He has some Tommy Hilfeger aftershave (US20.99) bought at Los angeles airport in 1999 which is still almost full!!!!! He sports a (AUS200) buck electric toothbush whizzy brush and squirty thing ensemble.

He also takes Wellman, and cod liver oil supplements every day, and does 50 pressups in the bathroom every morning - after using the lime source.

He confesses to having owned a facial scrub, although doesn't currently own, and even allowed MrsB to give him a facial back in the UK.

He also confesses to seducing women with his aromatic smelling bath salts which he got whilst living in Luxembourg. His line literally went, "smell these salts, fancy a bath"?

All true.

BM
Why pressups in the bathroom????? Not, not...naked pressups???? The mind boggles.

Worrying amount of product use there Badge.
Old Apr 6th 2004, 11:58 pm
Badge

Originally posted by bundy
Why pressups in the bathroom????? Not, not...naked pressups???? The mind boggles.
It's OK - I've dug a little trench in the floor, Bundy, but thanks for your concern.

I do pressups in the bathroom so that I can get in the shower immediately afterwards. I don't want to do them dressed in work clothes. It's 1 min of my life and keeps me honest inbetween phizz.

See, I'm not just a pretty face.

BM

We should do a forum "whose bathroom is it? who lives here?"

Old Apr 7th 2004, 12:03 am
She's a bird, you know

It's OK - I've dug a little trench in the floor, Bundy, but thanks for your concern.

I do pressups in the bathroom so that I can get in the shower immediately afterwards. I don't want to do them dressed in work clothes. It's 1 min of my life and keeps me honest inbetween phizz.

See, I'm not just a pretty face.

BM

We should do a forum "whose bathroom is it? who lives here?"
Well thanks for clearing that one up Badgers....some kind of logic going on there but I really don't want to delve too deep

Our bathroom is rapidly falling apart. I think it's because Mr B likes to have steaming hot showers, the sort that scald skin, burn hair and consequently makes the tiles fall off the wall. It need some work doing to it but we don't really know where to start. Of course, we were hoping to have been high-tailing it to Oz this summer thereby removing the need to do anything to it at all, but that's all changed now.

We also have to buy a new bed this weekend. I'm quite excited about this, in a sad sort of way.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 12:07 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by bundy

Worrying amount of product use there Badge.
That amount of product use from Badge doesnt surprise me at all .

Oh & I would rather not have my mind boggled I think :scared: .
Old Apr 7th 2004, 12:09 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by MrsDagboy
That amount of product use from Badge doesnt surprise me at all .

Oh & I would rather not have my mind boggled I think :scared: .

Mine's already boggled. It's not good. Terrible mental image
Old Apr 7th 2004, 12:21 am
HUP
Brain Drained

HUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond reputeHUP has a reputation beyond repute

Did someone say rugged bush shaving??

No ok I'll get my coat
Old Apr 7th 2004, 12:24 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by HUP
Did someone say rugged bush shaving??

No ok I'll get my coat
Old Apr 7th 2004, 12:25 am
Badge

<Cue Tassie jokes...>

map of tassie
going bush
runways
trail blazing

yadda yadda

BTW Mrs D your monthly account is due. You used the word yadda yadda once last week and therefore I appreciate early settlement of your account.

Old Apr 7th 2004, 12:46 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

BTW Mrs D your monthly account is due. You used the word yadda yadda once last week and therefore I appreciate early settlement of your account.

No worries badge, the cheque's in the mail .
Old Apr 7th 2004, 12:58 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The only thing I miss about the UK

OK.

I used to shave with some stuff called Natural Source Lime. It was the bees knees and left my chin baby smooth and soft, and hopefully squarish. It was grouse.
Very disappointed Badge. I would have expected somthing more like this from you ....

Extract from Badgers Book. Chapter 17 "I've just washed my hair and I can't do a thing with it!"

It was another busy day on the property. Earlier Jeffrey had rushed over in the Ute and called out to me "Hey James - grab your hat and your water bottle and get over here now, please. Oh - you had better bring some nail scissors, a manicure set, some razors, a comb, and some bath salts." This sounded serious. I rushed into the bathroom to get the things together. Pausing only to knock off a hundred pressups, 50 pull ups on the rafter and a few situps for good measure, I put everything into a nice floral washbag. One with a good airtight zip. I had seen what the outback dust could do to loose cosmetics.

I used my initiative and also put in my aftershave, hair gel, shave gel (nice lime stuff from the UK) after shave, face scrub, pore cleansing milk, toner, pre-shave wash, face cloth and moisturizer - though I knew Jeffrey would not thank me for it. At the last minute I remembered that the ute had a generator on it, so I added the hairdryer and curling tongs.

Laden down I leapt into the ute. Whats the problem? I asked. Jeffrey was as monosyllabic as usual. "Sheep with a knotted fleece. Hooves a mess too. Gervaise spotted it - in the far paddock. Got to tidy her up before her self esteem is shot"

It had come as a shock to me when I first came to the property to discover that most outback Aussie were caring loving tender men, in touch with their feminine side, but that was how it was, and with my Calvin Klein shirts and love of good shaving gel I had taken to the outback life like a duck to water ......
Lots of obligatory smilies, yadda yadda yadda,

Cheers,

DagBoy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.