Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The only thing I miss about the UK

The only thing I miss about the UK

Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:07 am
Badge

Default The only thing I miss about the UK

OK.

I used to shave with some stuff called Natural Source Lime. It was the bees knees and left my chin baby smooth and soft, and hopefully squarish. It was grouse.

(I did try the peppermint tea tree one but was admitted to casualty with 2nd degree burns.)

Discovery. They don't sell it here. My last tin, used every day, lasted from December to only the other day.

Bugger.

And you know what?

1) I got over it hours after. Yes I can sleep at nights.
2) I'm using a Gilette brand which is similar.
3) MrsB is bringing over a shedload with her.

I'm still stayin'. I'm still stayin'.

BM
Attached Thumbnails The only thing I miss about the UK-cuss10690.jpg  

Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:11 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The only thing I miss about the UK

Originally posted by badgersmount
OK.

I used to shave with some stuff called Natural Source Lime. It was the bees knees and left my chin baby smooth and soft, and hopefully squarish. It was grouse.

(I did try the peppermint tea tree one but was admitted to casualty with 2nd degree burns.)

Discovery. They don't sell it here. My last tin, used every day, lasted from December to only the other day.

Bugger.

And you know what?

1) I got over it hours after. Yes I can sleep at nights.
2) I'm using a Gilette brand which is similar.
3) MrsB is bringing over a shedload with her.

I'm still stayin'. I'm still stayin'.

BM
Ahhh, one of Mr B's favourites too, although he tends towards Gillette at the moment. I used to like that Natural Source stuff for shaving my legs. It produces a lurvely finish
Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Sunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the roughSunlover is a jewel in the rough

OK.

BM
"Grouse" ??

Where are you living ? On the Roof with Effie and the rest of the Greeks ?

Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:17 am
Badge

I like this Bundy couple. Us rufty tufty bush (geddit!) boys and girls should stick together.

And before you all jump on the bandwagon and say 'don't you like the unshaven bushranger look' shaving takes off 5 yrs off my age and means I'm still in with a chance of getting half-fare on the buses..

BM

Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:20 am
She's a bird, you know

bundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond reputebundy has a reputation beyond repute

I like this Bundy couple. Us rufty tufty bush (geddit!) boys and girls should stick together.

And before you all jump on the bandwagon and say 'don't you like the unshaven bushranger look' shaving takes off 5 yrs off my age and means I'm still in with a chance of getting half-fare on the buses..

BM
LOL!!!! Very good, Badge, very good.

Mr B is still trying to pretend, despite the obvious, that he does not need to shave every day. It's a losing battle.

I've always looked older than I am and have therefore never been able to get half fare anywhere. This upsets me.
Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:30 am
Badge

Being short and with boyish looks (which I no longer have of course) I used to try it on with bus drivers when I was around 15. (When you had to carry a card which was at home 9 times out of 10). Then they would say, "mate, did ya shave today?".

It's a bugger. I am blonde and fair, but I have to shave twice a day now if I am going out. I only have to look away from the mirror and bosch, I have stubble. And I am no way a gorilla.

BM

Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:35 am
She's a bird, you know

Being short and with boyish looks (which I no longer have of course) I used to try it on with bus drivers when I was around 15. (When you had to carry a card which was at home 9 times out of 10). Then they would say, "mate, did ya shave today?".

It's a bugger. I am blonde and fair, but I have to shave twice a day now if I am going out. I only have to look away from the mirror and bosch, I have stubble. And I am no way a gorilla.

BM

See, I was always tall (well, still am!) and therefore always looked older. So it was always me sent in to buy vodka from the offie when we were about 15. The only time I've ever been IDed was in Oz when I was 22! I nearly died laughing.

Stubble equals stubble rash to us poor girlies and that's no good thing
Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:52 am
Badge

I got ID'd once in the USA, aged 24. Apart from that, never.

No hang on!! In Bondi, 1 year ago I was asked and I was 30!!!!! But at this age, you take it as a compliment! I was dead chuffed. They were checking most people's, and I was with a load of backpackers.

BM

Old Apr 7th 2004, 10:53 am
She's a bird, you know

I got ID'd once in the USA, aged 24. Apart from that, never.

No hang on!! In Bondi, 1 year ago I was asked and I was 30!!!!! But at this age, you take it as a compliment! I was dead chuffed. They were checking most people's, and I was with a load of backpackers.

BM
I took it as a compliment too! Wish I did still look 18...or younger...
Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:09 am
Re mem mem member

loose will become famous soon enough

I used to get IDed all the time till my mid 20's - the curse of curly hair and dimples I reckon!

The youthful charm wore off though, the dimples are more like creases and the curly hair just leads to comparisons to Jack Osborne!! Bugger!!!

As for shaving foams....I'm just amazed badgers talking about "products"....it'll be hairgel and face cream next, you mark my word! You'll be trading the ute in for mx-5 hairdressers car!
Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:16 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by loose
I used to get IDed all the time till my mid 20's - the curse of curly hair and dimples I reckon!

The youthful charm wore off though, the dimples are more like creases and the curly hair just leads to comparisons to Jack Osborne!! Bugger!!!

As for shaving foams....I'm just amazed badgers talking about "products"....it'll be hairgel and face cream next, you mark my word! You'll be trading the ute in for mx-5 hairdressers car!
LOL!!! Yes, Badge, king of the products, styled to the max. I can just see it...

Curls and dimples, eh Loose. Bet you wish you had that youthful charm back!

Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:21 am
Re mem mem member

Oh I can still turn it on when I need to bundy.

There'll be a lot of heartbroken women in the UK when loose goes down...............under.

(can you tell its really quiet at work today - I'm talking cr*p)

And wheres badger gone?I want to ask him what bath oil he uses?
Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:23 am
She's a bird, you know

Originally posted by loose
Oh I can still turn it on when I need to bundy.

There'll be a lot of heartbroken women in the UK when loose goes down...............under.

(can you tell its really quiet at work today - I'm talking cr*p)

And wheres badger gone?I want to ask him what bath oil he uses?
LOL!!! Not so sweet and innocent now, eh?!

I'm beyond bored again at work, gazing out of the window, dribbling quietly. I have nothing to do until the end of May. I'm not joking. I hate being like this - it would be much better if I went home! Got loads to do there...
Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:29 am
Re mem mem member

Originally posted by bundy
LOL!!! Not so sweet and innocent now, eh?!

I'm beyond bored again at work, gazing out of the window, dribbling quietly. I have nothing to do until the end of May. I'm not joking. I hate being like this - it would be much better if I went home! Got loads to do there...
I'm still sweet - just got enough wild side in me to make life fun!!

I know, its crap being at work when its quiet and you know you've got a million things to do at home. I've just sent the last of my docs to my case worker, and now I've got to get the house sorted to sell. And where am I?? Bored to tears at work! The only highlight being the wonderful wit and conversation from my wee chums on here!

I'm babbling! Going to the pub for my lunch, that should calm me down a bit!

keep posting - its the only thing getting me through today!

SO BBOOORREEDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old Apr 7th 2004, 11:30 am
Re mem mem member

p.s.

badge - I've got a pimple, what kind of coover up cream do you recommend?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.